Company Description|Job Description
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developer in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP's across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities & personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
Do you have experience in the development of new AAA franchises?
Behaviour Interactive would like you to join the creative team behind the hit game Dead by Daylight to help develop its new project.
As Artistic Director, you will be responsible for defining the artistic vision of the project & will provide overall artistic direction, leadership & supervision of the artistic production teams. Working closely with the creative director, designers, programmers & external suppliers, you will ensure the highest quality artistic vision.
- Define visual & artistic standards & ensure that the material produced is consistent;
- Produce the required artistic documents & distribute them to the team;
- Design attractive visuals inspired by new intellectual properties or existing properties;
- Lead interdepartmental artistic discussions;
- Actively participate in the definition, maintenance & development of the artistic vision;
- Guide team members, freelancers & external studio teams as needed;
- Stay informed of best practices & communicate them to the team & discover the most effective competitive ideas;
- Lead the process of defining objectives, standards, processes & feedback mechanisms;
- Conduct formal & informal critical reviews & provide appropriate feedback;
- Approve visual elements & define quality standards, content structure & optimization;
- Participate in the creation of visual elements;
- Provide artistic support to Game Designers in the realization of their ideas;
- Maintain demographic & psychographic consumer awareness & take into account the latest market trends.
- Bachelor of Arts or another related degree, or equivalent experience;
- At least five (5) years experience as Artistic Director or Lead Artist;
- Have delivered at least two titles of high quality & varied styles;
- Experience in creating original intellectual properties in a video game context;
- Mastery of Photoshop & knowledge of Maya;
- Experience working with a game engine;
- Excellent innovation skills & excellent understanding of the creative process;
- Excellent communication skills & ability to visualize & communicate ideas;
- Proficiency in French & English, both oral & written;
- Ability to adapt work for marketing needs & supervise production;
- Ability to prioritize tasks;
- Excellent ability to work in a team;
- Influential, autonomous, resourceful & organized;
- Must be a video game player.
Your portfolio must be included when applying.