Type: Full time
Min. Experience: 5+ years
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices,attained unicorn status after our recent investment round,and been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds."
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
You're a hands-on engineering leader with experience in mobile & web development. You understand the challenges of a high-growth technology company from a business, systems, & development standpoint & can effectively translate them into requirements & solutions.
As our Engineering Manager focused on our mobile applications, you'll work with product, design & engineering to deliver world class iOS & Android applications to our growing set of clients. As our company grows, you will also build, mentor & develop your mobile development team.
Youre passionate about user experience & you understand the complexities of mobile UX. You have a proven track record of improving mobile performance & interaction while maintaining new feature development that drives business.
- Partner with other engineering teams, data science, product, & design to plan, develop, & track mobile features & issues
- Ensure the technical roadmap for the mobile team is balanced & ensures a stable future platform growth
- Implement & improve existing development, testing, deployment & issue tracking practices
- Provide leadership & expertise on mentoring engineers, making hard technical decisions & delivering an experience that provides business value & meets end user goals
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience with mobile platforms, iOS & Android & development lifecycles
- Experience with cross platform frameworks like React Native, Flutter or Xamarin
- Experience with mobile instrumentation for internal analytics which derive actionable development from the results
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, including ability to interface & partner with different levels of the organization
- Prior management & leadership skills, including ability to grow, mentor & develop a team effectively
- Demonstrated ability to manage & prioritize projects in a fast-paced, high-growth technology/SaaS/cloud-based environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field or extensive experience
Why you should work here:
We recognize & reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses.
We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- opportunities to own & drive important critical projects.
- individual Learning & Development fund & professional training.
- generous leave & flexible hours.
- daily catered lunch & a fully stocked kitchen.
- And more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.