Compass is streamlining the home buying & selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology & personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 18,000 of the countrys top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell & rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, & have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
Our Strategic Growth team is the face of the company & the engine of our market expansion. As an Account Manager, you are directly responsible for driving net-new pipeline for our Sales Team.
In its simplest form, the Account Managers role is to educate the Compass Agent Community on the benefits & importance of contributing to the Strategic Growth of Compass. Successful AMs partner with Compass Agents to identify who in their network of Prospective Agents should be introduced to an Enterprise Account Executive. The Enterprise Account Executive then meets with the Prospective Agent to discuss the Compass value proposition (technology, marketing, culture & growth).
The role is similar to an Enterprise Account Management role due to deal size, complexity of conversation, objection handling & cross-functional quarterbacking. Dissimilar to an Enterprise Account Management role, the SGP will yield frequent, high-velocity wins.
- You generate new business opportunities to build our sales pipeline through both inbound & outbound efforts
- A large part of this role is working with our current customer base to identify & facilitate referral opportunities
- Collaborate cross functionally with operations & strategic growth leaders to facilitate a best-in-class Agent Experience for our customer base while advancing the growth goals of the company
- Articulate our value prop & objection handle to create qualified opportunities in your market
- You work closely with the Strategic Growth Managers & Team Leaders to develop successful prospecting strategies
- Analyze addressable market in nascent geographies & create demand for disruptive technology
- Become a critical part of the high performing team, adding value to each SGMs sales process
- Bachelors degree with 4+ years of relevant experience with history of strong performance (SDR, Customer Success, Direct Sales, Account management)
- Strong interpersonal & rapport-building skills, glass-half-full mentality, natural leader
- Self-starter attitude & ability to exercise judgment & solve difficult problems without direct supervision, comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively lead client meetings & presentations
- Highly organized; ability to handle multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Track record of excellence across strategic, operational, & detail-demanding functional responsibilities
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.