The best salespeople achieve the most when they are selling outstanding products, solutions, & services backed by an extraordinary company. Thats what you get when you sell for Appian. We are passionate about driving digital transformation by bringing Appian solutions that provide speed, agility, & efficiency needed to compete & grow. Are you inspired by the chance to solve your customers biggest challenges? You can make that kind of difference here. Join our team, where you can not only grow your career, but share the success of an industry pioneer.
The Strategic Account Executive (SAE) will require leading a cross-departmental account team which may include Appian senior leadership. This role focuses on opportunities in Appians largest accounts; typically one or two large accounts in one industry vertical, whose annual recurring revenue (ARR) is greater than $1M. This role will also work in collaboration with teams in other countries for Strategic Multinational accounts.
To be successful in this role:
- Develops program strategies & multi-year account plans with a cross-functional team to achieve software & services growth objectives from complex multi-year deals that drive significant customer value.
- Builds strong trusted advisor relationships with customers at VP, SVP & C levels.
- As a domain expert for the industry, the SAE will act as a resource for other AEs developing their territory strategy, undertaking account planning & as required with opportunity briefings.
- Creatively leverages the understanding of Appian solutions to specific business challenges & highlights using effective sales presentations & meetings, including quarterly business reviews (QBRs).
- Leads & coordinates the activity of a dedicated team which may include staff from Appians Customer Success, Industry Lead, Solutions Consulting, Marketing & Technical Support organizations within a customized program to optimize the footprint of Appian in existing large accounts
- Works collaboratively on Strategic Multinational accounts, which are those which require collaboration with Appian staff in other countries
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
- Training: Sales Fast Start, which is our 5-day training program focused on equipping our sales new hires with the skills & knowledge needed to be successful out in the field, like Value Selling Framework training.
- Growth: Growth opportunities available through promotion & participation in different programs like Appian MBA, a development program devoted to shaping managers in the areas of leadership & communication. Hear more about growth from one of our Vice Presidents, who started at Appian as an Account Executive here.
- Product: Our Appian product is driving digital transformation & with our Appian Guarantee, our customers can even have their first project completed in just 8 weeks. With the market research firm Forrester estimating the low-code platform market will be around $14 billion by 2024, it is no wonder why more & more customers are turning to low-code with Appian. Hear more from one of our Regional Vice Presidents here about how our product has kept him with the company.
- Culture: You will directly contribute to our double-digit year over year growth backed by a world-class collaborative sales organization. In addition, Appian offers a competitive salary & generous benefits; including a flexible time off allowance & great perks. Hear more for an Account Executive herself on how Appian is the most inclusive sales environment shes ever worked in here.
- Bachelors degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science or other relevant discipline.
- 10 + years selling software solutions & related services to Fortune 100 institutions with consistent historical achievement of assigned sales quotas.
- History of consistent quota achievement
- Ability to quickly build rapport & maintain relationships with senior management at the SVP & C level in the Fortune 100 arena.
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation & value. Today, we help businesses build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented & passionate people, given the power & autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile & collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, & all voices are heard. We value & encourage cross-departmental collaboration, & actively seek opportunities to better ourselves & others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, were focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.