To power critical decisions in healthcare with data science-driven technology
The Aetion Evidence Platform is the leading software solution for evaluating the safety, effectiveness & value of medications. We partner with global life sciences customers to improve time-to-market for medications, enhance market access, expedite interactions with the FDA, & contracts with payers. When partnering with payers, we identify precise therapies improve patient outcomes at lower cost. Our technology & team propel the transformation of health care into a value-based system built on trust of shared data-based evidence.
Aetion is looking for a Principal Machine Learning Engineer to join our technology team in the area of Natural Language Processing (NLP). In this role, you will be responsible for translating business & functional requirements into concrete deliverables with the design, development, testing, & deployment of highly reliable, scalable, & secure services. You will also partner with epidemiologists, biostatisticians, & other engineers to help invent & implement ML/NLP solutions using models, algorithms, etc. Candidates should also be very agile in developing flexible software with respect to scientific, experimentation methods & usage patterns. This role will have a direct impact on the vision & roadmap for Machine Learning & Predictive Modeling initiatives within Aetion.
- Designing, developing & maintaining core Aetion platform features & services
- Helping define product features, driving platform architecture, & spearheading best practices to enable a quality product
- Working with scientists & other engineers to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, & evaluate technical feasibility
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Solid background in algorithms, data structures, & object-oriented programming
- Basic understanding of Machine Learning fundamentals & Deep Learning
- Solid knowledge in Natural Language Processing
- Strong programming skills in at least one object oriented programming language (Python, Java, Scala, C++, etc.)
- Strong motivation to learn new algorithms, new application areas & new tools
- Excellent communication & organizational skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Industry experience as a Senior-level Machine Learning Engineer or related work experience (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, & extracting insights from large datasets
- Knowledge of or experience in building production quality applications related to Machine Learning & Natural Language Processing
- Experience with at least one of the modern distributed ML frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, MxNet
- Experience with the AWS technology stack
- Leadership with a vision Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders & technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports & maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, & HIMSS.
- Socialized & Energetic Offices We are in a new office with a modern layout, a giant kitchen & eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, & industry Meetups & events.
- Ideal Location We are located in the heart of Manhattan with great views of the city, ample restaurants, cafes, bars, & shopping. Within walking distance of Grand Central & the beautiful Bryant Park, our office is easily accessible by mass transportation.
- Great Perks We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match & daily lunch provision.
- Aetion is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing a diverse workforce.