BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
The Analyst, Business Operations will play a significant role in BuzzFeeds growing business. We are looking for an exceptional individual to contribute to our efforts in building a reporting suite for sales leaders to understand how to scale the advertising business & create incremental revenue/growth opportunities. The Analyst, Business Operations will report to the Sr. Manager of Business Operations. BuzzFeed is working remotely through at least September 2021, but this role will be tied to our New York City office.
- Coordinate revenue & budgeting processes used within the advertising business; establish high levels of quality, efficiency, & consistency
- Conduct analyses to gain a deeper insight into advertising business across all core functions: sales, client service, pricing, creative, ad operations, research, & marketing
- Develop & report on the metrics to evaluate efficiency & productivity across business units
- Establish effective analysis of advertising business trends & performance to identify greater efficiencies while managing & understanding process bottlenecks throughout the entire sales lifecycle
- Assist in maintaining the functional areas of data management, forecasting, contacts, leads, opportunities, dashboards & reports, & ensuring data integrity throughout our CRM system
- Continuously assess resource management & make recommendations to ensure optimal support model
- Assess sales trends, client feedback, & market movement; consolidate into recommendations for sales leadership
- Perform ad-hoc analysis for senior management providing data that will inform business decisions
- One to two years of digital media experience including internships; could include Finance, Business Operations, Strategy, Sales, Sales Operations, Account Management, Sales Planning, Ad Operations, or Consulting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Natural ability to tell a compelling story using data-driven insights
- Experience with sales cycles/tools including CRM a plus
- Business operations or sales operations experience with a digital and/or technology company a plus
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.