We need super smart engineers from all levels to help us build one of the best engineered e-commerce platform in the world (big talk we know, but that is our goal!). Our engineers combine creativity, curiosity, & drive to continuously perfect & revolutionize Jet from the inside out. We are looking to bring more intellectually curious engineers who are passionate about technology in general (Jet is a technology first company & prides itself on its culture of learning & knowledge sharing & we want all our engineers to be as passionate as we are!)
What you will be Working on
Our platform is largely an event driven platform implemented via a microservice architecture. The platform runs in the cloud & usesa large number oftechnologies & middle ware. The bulk of backend code is written in the functional style (F#) & our system of record is an event sourced system (essentially a log of all actions on the platform). We use a mix of Kafka, Redis, Elastic Search, Azure SQL, Event Store & Azure Storage for our data stores. About 50% of the platform runs on Linux & the rest Windows (although we move into more containerization, we will see a shift towards Linux).
What you will do:
- Responsible for the design, implementation, testing, deployment, & operations of fault- tolerant, scalable, & maintainable low-latency, high-throughput distributed systems.
- Shares ownership of overall team productivity with the Dev Manager.
- You take Pride in mentoring junior & other senior engineers.
- Understands both the what & the why of our core technical/architectural principles.
- Empowers engineers to work with as much autonomy as possible by clearly & effectively communicating technical principles & decision criteria.
- Guides & mentors engineers to effective decisions when needed.
- Responsible for the operational excellence of the system, ensures that effective metrics, KPIs, & diagnostics are identified, tracked & widely understood.
- Works with Product Managers to ensure that technical strategic needs are accounted for & reflected in the roadmap.
- Takes a visible & active leadership role in large-scale strategic cross-team initiatives.
What you will have :
- Demonstrated expert level experience in one or more modern programming languages.
- Experience with & demonstrated understanding of high-throughput, low-latency, fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Experience with public cloud, preferably Azure
- Deep understanding of concurrency, asynchronous & reactive programming concepts.
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field & 10 years of software engineering experience.
- We love engineers experienced with functional programming (P.S. If you are C++ or Java or C# or Python developer & willing to learn a new language, we love you too!)
- Understands the importance of operations in production systems (logging, telemetry, alerting etc.)
- Excellent communication & problem-solving skills
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest shopping experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking why not, looking where no ones looked before & bringing it! Our engineers are utilizing world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise & delight all while saving customers every penny possible & were just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning & sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is changing the shopping norm & learning a lot along the way, we have a hunch youd look good in purple.