Invest Operations | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a different kind of investing experience - one that looks after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming. The Acorns team is passionate about pursuing our mission & living our values. It all begins with Heart. Our Heart leads us in everything we do. It allows us to make bold decisions, build trust, grow & advance our society. Come find your place at Acorns & join us in the movement to transform an industry.
Acorns is seeking an Invest Operations Associate to build & maintain customers trust in Acorns as a revolutionary investing service.
Through your product know-how & brilliant customer service, youll help our users navigate through timely technical resolutions, product features, & best practices.
Through deep operational insight & big picture thinking, youll improve our customers experience through timely resolutions, surfacing issues as they arise, & improving processes.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Shadow Senior Associates to obtain knowledge of the teams controls, risk, & procedures.
- Handle daily task that directly impact the customer experience.
- Manage securities related customer inquiries, 407 requests, & meet Service Level Agreement criteria for asset verifications.
- Have recurring 1 on 1s with management & meet regularly with Senior Invest Ops associates to provide onboarding feedback & understand team goals.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Process daily buys, sells, & rebalances for Acorns customers with supervisor oversight.
- Contributed to creating tighter controls & procedures for workflows.
- Learn & handle deposit & withdrawal approval process.
- Meet daily workflow service level agreements consistently.
- Recognize, prevent & communicate fraud issues.
- Participate in weekly Acorns Securities meetings to gain insight on departments updates & provide feedback on ways to improve.
- Learn & be able to execute basic data queries.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Pass the Finra Series 24 Exam.
- Have deep knowledge of money movement processes to prevent & surface issues as they arise.
- Worked directly with Product & Engineering teams to implement new processes that will impact the customer experience.
- Partnered with compliance to satisfy regulatory requirements & reduce regulatory risk.
- Be able to create exception reports, dashboards, & provide data insights with advanced SQL skills.
What you will bring to Acorns:
- BA/BS degree
- FINRA Series 7 license required.
- FINRA Series 66 or 63 license required.
- 0-2 years of account management/customer service experience
- A passion for Acorns & supporting the best financial best interest of the up-and-coming.
- Ability to consistently execute on day to day tasks.
- Masterful problem-solving skills, ability to identifying customer needs & provide thoughtful solutions.
- Exceptional awareness with the ability to communicate & escalate issues.
- High degree of professionalism & poise.
- Excellent written & oral communications skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary & stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you & your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Corporate gym access
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches, & an endless supply of snacks
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented & motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission & our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases & automatically Invest the Change into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard & BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father & son team Walter & Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence & courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Advance our society