Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high & build to last?
About the Role
We're looking for a Commercial Account Executive, based in the UK, to cover France. We believe that individuals in this role can talk about the value of the company, as opposed to how they close the deal. Fluency in French required.
- Manage a territory & develop & execute account plans to achieve (and exceed) individual quota, developing strong relationships with important decision makers, influencers, & partners within your territory
- Lead multiple customer sales cycles & manage & close opportunities within a set of accounts
- Provide the value proposition of CockroachDB to customers & create opportunities that lead to the use of the product
- Manage strong working relationships with internal partners, including business development, marketing, & pre-sales
- Be invested in the success of CockroachDB & relay product requirements back to corporate
- Excel in a fast-moving environment
- Be fluent in French
In your first 30 days, you will learn about CockroachDB & become proficient in the product. We believe that it is necessary for you to build this foundation so you can successfully engage with existing accounts & grasp sales strategy. Upon completion of your first month, you have a strategy in place for revenue goals.
After 60 days, you'll be competent in account strategy & mapping. You will work with your manager to set revenue targets to reach your sales goals. You will also have started closing smaller size or existing deals that are already in flow.
After 3 months, you will have started doubling your pipeline & will be working on closing some of your later stage opportunities while targeting more complex deals. As you gain momentum at Cockroach Labs, you will also increase your sales pipeline & help grow the overall revenue of Cockroach Labs.
- Experience successfully selling new enterprise, infrastructure solutions & increasing revenue through new customer acquisition
- Experience selling complex technologies & into CXOs at Fortune 500 companies & understand how to grow a greenfield territory
- A strong ability to connect with customers by actively listening to determine their needs
- Experience exceeding quotas in recent positions
- 5-6+ years overall experience selling software/technology solutions
- 2-4+ years of quota-carrying, solution-selling experience
- You can travel within your assigned territory if necessary
Reporting to Gareth Whiting - Vice President of Sales, EMEA, at Cockroach Labs
Gareth joined Cockroach Labs because Cockroach is uniquely placed as the worlds of scalability, cloud, transactional workloads & distributed systems all come together to drive the next major digital transformation shift. CRDB provides the only global distributed transactional database that is cloud neutral & will allow customers to handle these major shifts while helping companies comply with data privacy issues. When not working closely with his team, customers & prospects, he loves to spend time with his family & simply enjoy life from sports, keeping fit, travel & reading.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse & inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.