We are looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to join our R&D center in Sofia. The position will be part of an Engineering team responsible for Vias production quality, highly scalable backend microservices & robust infrastructure to deliver Via's ride sharing service globally. You will also build the cloud based tools that enable Via's dispatch operators & drivers to seamlessly handle real-time shared rides on a mass scale.
What Youll Do
- Implement the components that bind complex routing, real-time customer & driver management, mass scale user communication into a complete, mission critical service.
- Define & implement effective cloud infrastructure scaling solutions based on best-in-class standard tools.
- Design & implement POCs (proof of concept) & production ready sub-systems to handle customer service, advanced analytics, operational shift management & more.
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of backend programming experience.
- You have solid algorithms & data structures knowledge.
- You have a solid background in some of the programming languages: Java/Python/ C++.
- You are familiar with cloud-based deployment (AWS, GCP or other platforms).
- You are familiar with Docker & Kubernetes.
- You are not afraid of multitasking or switching between different programming languages, each suitable for different tasks (such as Java, Python, C++ etc.)
- You are a fast learner - you can quickly master concepts, disciplines & methods.
- You are a flexible team player with great communication skills.
- You are pragmatic - when you hear about a difficult problem you are able to simplify it so that you can easily solve it.
- You are concise - you get stuff done, in a simple, elegant way.
What Catches Our Eye
- BSc in Computer Science or similar.
- Independent, flexible & adaptive to change.
- Experience working in a SaaS environment.
- Experience working on projects with short deadlines.
Were Via, & we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, & provides everyone with accessible, efficient, & affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems & sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized & customizable solutions for each & every one of our global partners (100 & counting, last we checked)
Long story short: were very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world & modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages & benefits, including equity, health insurance, & relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
! Via cares about your health & safety & takes prevention & control measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19. In this regard we are temporarily transitioning to an entirely virtual hiring process & we have also implemented an effective work-from-home policy across all of our offices.
*In regard to GDPR 2016/679 you hereby give your consent the personal data included in your CV/Resume/Motivational letter to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment & hiring process in the company.