Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about driving efficiency, productivity, & revenue.
As Chief of Staff to the CMO at DigitalOcean, you will be a member of the marketing team & will be responsible for helping to drive the rapid growth of our company. The CoS will streamline & introduce processes to increase the organizations productivity & efficiency, lead strategic initiatives, track the teams alignment to company priorities & deadlines, manage the departments budget, & produce narratives for external communications.
We are seeking a candidate that has proven experience in a similar business management role, with a special focus on executive-level advising & extensive cross-functional collaboration.The ideal candidate is a strong collaborator & effective communicator with a passion for driving excellence.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Oversee strategic business initiatives from conception through successful execution in partnership with senior leadership & departmental heads
- Assist in operational decision-making, program management, & initiative implementation
- Produce, design, & iterate presentation narrativesthoughtful design is key
- Align objectives & procedures to optimize for efficiency & productivity
- Collaborate with team managers & perform an array of operational tasks (managing calendars, generating correspondence, maintaining ongoing health-check reports, building communication cadences, etc.) to keep team on track & aligned with priorities
- Serve as liaison between staff, senior leaders, & CMO regarding company climate, employee well-being, project updates, proposals, & planning
- Gather & integrate feedback into existing operations & help to define new operational strategies
- Track & maintain department spend, assist with requests & justification for additional resources
- Lead special projects assigned by CMO: from M&A research, real estate planning, to corporate meeting planning & executionyoull do it all
- Serve as a subject matter expert on team status & assist with the preparation & dissemination of critical external communications
What Well Expect From You:
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or similar field
- Significant experience in marketing (high-growth tech company a plus)
- Proven experience organizing & directing various projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal & written communicator with a strong executive presence
- Narrative-building experiencenot just what, but why & how
- Highly collaborative & enjoys working with people
- Intense attention to detailproven success in a project coordination role
- Strong listening skills with a humble approach to learning
- Experience managing budgets & vendors
- Sharp business acumen & experience with data analysis/translation
- Problem-solving mind, with a focus on developing creative solutions
- Strong reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication
- Can-do attitudeyoull hit the ground running & youre excited to make an impact
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!