PIVOTALS STORY (VIDEO)
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile & lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, & infrastructure with organizations core expertise & values. Our cloud-native platform & suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the worlds most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds & with greater business agility. We optimize for change & teach next-generation developers to create & build new solutions, & are committed to open source & open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development & innovation, & our culture is empowering. Our 3,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each & every project & are guided by a purposeful missionto transform how the world builds software.
You are unique: as an exceptional, passionate, customer facing, hands-on Solution Architect you will help customers transform to realize the benefits of cloud native applications & architectures on Pivotal Cloud Foundry. You will also work closely with the Pivotal Cloud Foundry engineering & platform architect teams to transform the way our customers build & run their software. You are a problem solver & the thought of collaborating with a team to help companies transform to meet the challenges of tomorrow excites you. You enjoying working with other people & are motivated by creating lightbulb moments for the people you work with.
The Pivotal Cloud Foundry Solutions team strives to make our customers use of Pivotal Cloud Foundry successful. It turns out that successful use of technology requires some changes in people & process. We help our customers use a product-centric mindset to build a balanced team & a streamlined pathway to production, leaving app product teams unencumbered to deliver value to their customers. Our Product Managers & Platform Engineers pair with customer counterparts to transfer knowledge, culture & practices while achieving project goals.
In this role, you will:
- Build balanced customer platform product teams delivering Platform as a capability within their organization
- Create & implement infrastructure architectures for Pivotal Cloud Foundry deployments
- Establish continuous delivery pipelines for deployment of Pivotal Cloud Foundry & related products in a customers infrastructure
- Design & implement continuous integration & continuous delivery processes to deliver customer apps to production, fostering a culture of continuous process improvement
- Provide operational assistance & guidance for Pivotal Cloud Foundry including; monitoring, management, disaster recovery, security compliance/auditing, networking, storage, service brokers & build packs
- Work with customer platform teams to establish Service Level Objectives (SLOs), Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs), & Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs) for their offerings, along with associated monitoring
- Work with customer platform engineers to minimize & automate toil
- Continuously learn & be at the leading edge of Pivotal & industry trends
Ultimately, you will become an agent of change within customer organizations.
IDEAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCES
- You have been a part of or led agile development teams
- You have worked with Concourse, Spinnaker, Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity or other Continuous Integration tools
- You are experienced in VMware vSphere / ESXi / NSX-T
- You have expert knowledge of networking & related technologies (e.g. load balancing / DNS / SSL / firewalls / NAT / SDN)
- You have expert knowledge of Linux / Unix systems
- You are experienced in using git
- You have experience in release management
- Experience supporting production systems using Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices
PREFERRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCES
- Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud or OpenStack experience
- Experience with Kubernetes, Chef, Ansible, BOSH, or related automation / orchestration tools
- Experience with a platform as a service product such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, or similar
- Some experience working with DNS, NTP, SAML, OAuth 2, Active Directory
- Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting & analytics (Prometheus, New Relic, AppDynamics, Cacti, Graphite, ELK, Nagios, Ganglia, Splunk, Log Insight, vRealize Operations, Datadog, etc.)
- A background in Windows deployment, automation, & related technologies
- Experience with database (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MSSQL) & messaging middleware technologies (e.g. RabbitMQ)
Total Rewards Package
Pay Range: 148750 - 201250 CAD
In addition to salary, our total rewards package also includes equity in the form of RSUs, comprehensive medical & disability benefits, employer match on RRSP, fitness reimbursement programs & more!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY GPVTL Canada In (Pivotal) is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees & communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing & promoting employees without discrimination. Pivotal believes equal opportunity & inclusion are essential to motivate, empower & recognize the best in everyone.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Pivotal is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 & the Ontario Human Rights Code, Pivotal will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email AskHR@pivotail.io or call 416-907-9470 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).