About TodayTix Group
TodayTix Group is on a mission to find a seat for everyone.
Supporting over 2,000 theatres, producers, & cultural institutions globally, we bring unparalleled inventory to an expansive consumer ecosystem of over 1,000 media & travel partners. From our consumer brands like TodayTix & Show-Score, to Expedia, TimeOut, & LastMinute.com, we meet theatregoers where they are, at the right time.
TTG is a one-stop-shop thats not one-size-fits-all. Our team customises our approach with each partner to accomplish their goals via seamless integration with our easy-to-navigate tech, data-driven inventory distribution, & expert marketing strategies. TTG has more than 2.5 million active monthly users & has sold 35 million tickets to over 20,000 shows. And its just the beginning.
Were seeking highly motivated team members to join us in disrupting an old supply chain model, creating greater access to theatre, & expanding the theatre-going audience.
We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented & included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team & bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
TodayTix Group Tech
Our technology team is driven, opinionated, & committed to customer experience. We believe that writing code can be as expressive a form of communication as art itself.
We are greatly expanding our engineering team & seek engineers with a strong commitment to stability, quality, & getting things right. This is not a go-to-your-cubicle workplace but rather an environment with active cross-team communication & collaborative problem solving.
We are actively working on hiring people from different & diverse backgrounds, educational experiences, abilities/disabilities, etc. We are supportive of accommodations needed to interview & do your job to the best of your ability!
We are looking for backend associate engineers to join our world-class team of technologists. You will collaborate with the team on maintaining, upgrading, & expanding our core backend platform, responsible for serving tens of thousands of tickets per day to hundreds of clients.
- Pay attention to detail & have an enthusiasm to jump in & collaborate
- Love writing performant & elegant algorithmic solutions to backend problems
- Have deep experience with at least one production language, preferably an object-oriented programming language. (e.g., Java, Python, C++, etc.)
- Are comfortable with:
- Version control software (Git)
- Databases, especially relational databases like MySQL or Postgres
- Using the terminal
- Write simple, well tested, comprehensible, & maintainable code
- Are interested or you thrive in a start-up environment & are looking to grow personally & wear new hats as we scale
- Have ambitions to improve your existing backend development & OOP skills
- Experience producing & consuming RESTful APIs in a production environment
- Experience interacting with databases using ORM frameworks (Rails, Laravel, Hibernate)
- Experience with a JVM based language (Java, Scala, Groovy, Kotlin)
- Knowledge (or general enthusiasm) for theatre
We believe in using the right tool for the job, rather than adhering to any given platform. Our production systems currently use Node, Python, Java, Groovy/Grails, PHP & React/Redux/Nextjs. We use AWS Aurora, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, Datadog & AWS as backing services but with your insights any of that may change if theres a good enough business reason.
Good to Know
TodayTix Group takes care of our team. Were proud to offer a generous suite of benefits & perks. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Healthcare, vision, & dental plans, with generous contributions from the company
- Remote friendly / Hybrid work environment
- Life & disability insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Generous 401(k) Matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Free membership to One Medical Group & Employee Assistance Program
- Annual Professional Growth Budget
- Employee Referral Program
- Pre-Tax Flexible healthcare spending account (FSA), Dependent Care FSA & Commuter Benefits
TodayTix is committed to creating a diverse & equal workforce. Our aim is to create an inclusive & diverse environment which reflects the world we live in, as well as making a positive impact regarding diversity & accessibility within our industry. We highly encourage applications from all, regardless of race, age, gender, gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religious belief, or sexual orientation.