At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
As a product designer at Lyft, you will be involved at every step of product development, from brainstorming broad ideas to ensure design quality through launch. Using your full range of interaction, visual, & product thinking skills, you will lead & own an experience for our product teams.
In a lot of ways we function as a startup, meaning we all work closely & collaboratively across organizations to align on product vision & ship product. Our Design & Research teams live & breathe user-centered process to create the best possible, end-to-end, experience for millions of Passengers & Drivers daily. We can be scrappy when we need to be, though we are always focused on quality & influence.
As a qualified candidate, you have a track record of leading projects to successful outcomes for users & the business. You are a strong cross-functional partner, great communicator, & are able to take a solution from idea to implementation. You uphold a high quality bar & have a strong appreciation for the details. Above all, you approach problems holistically & create elegantly simple solutions to multi-faceted problems.
- Problem solve, think big, & explore divergent concepts/ideas while understanding how to converge & build iteratively towards your vision
- Plan strategically & think tactically as a partner with product & engineering to define the future of the team
- Influence the shape of the product with research & data while executing design work using high quality wireframes, mockups, user journeys, & cross-platform interactive prototypes
- Advocate for design by sharing your work & presenting cross-functionally, while being able to precisely articulate design rationale
- Inspire the entire team (including your cross-functional) partners by bringing new ideas to the table
- Create a unified, end-to-end experience through close collaboration with team members from across the Product & Marketing Design Teams
- 5+ years of experience working in UX, UI, HCI related field with experience working on mobile
- Experience designing on multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Mobile web, Desktop, etc)
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Highly proficient with design tools (Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Highly proficient with interactive prototyping tools (Framer, Principle, Origami, Invision Studio, etc.)
- Excellence in design craft
- Ability to work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional team
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.