As a Customer Experience Manager you are part of the leadership team & able to open, close, & operate store using managerial discretion. This role will lead all functions of our omnichannel Core Retail Store, instructing teams on back-of-house tasks, sales & consignment goals & objectives, & creative directives to ensure the store is operational, productive & a solid experience is crafted for clients. You will make daily decisions using knowledge of TRR culture & values as well as exceptional experience in the core stores. You will coach employees as needed through daily analysis of store metrics goals.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Manages & allocates tasks to the team in respect to the holistic pipeline of consignment products filtered through brick & mortar location, manage all logistics & back-end data management & physical movement of supply, communicating effectively to necessary teams on any exceptions or delays
- Accountable for running the day-to-day operations of the store, adhering to standard operating procedures, service level agreements, procurement, & facility management, & selling as needed
- Assist in training new retail core store team members & keeping all staff current on sales strategy
- Synthesizes goals with real time information to drive strategy for activities & achieve results for all functional groups in the store while ensuring a consistent, exceptional customer experience.
- Models & drives compliance all TRR policies & standard operating procedures (SOPs) are communicated effectively to employees, maintained & consistently followed.
- Models & holds employees accountable to customer service & experience standards.
- Responsible for location management & outbound logistics through UPS and/or van transfers
- Accountable for accurate shipped units reporting & meeting supply plan.
- Responsible for working with the Expert team to maintain alignment in experience & processes driving supply & creating a devoted customer base
- All duties necessary for proper function of retail core store, including (but not limited to) sales, visuals, customer service, inventory management & shipping of consigned items
What You Bring To The Role
- 2 years (approx.) of experience selling in the luxury space
- 2 years (approx.) of experience working under budgets to create plans that hit required goals
- Team player able to work effectively & collaboratively across all departments to meet goals & deadlines
- Learns quickly & enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Spends time efficiently on what is important & will drive the business
- Thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to make decisions in ambiguity
- Uses facts & logic to solve problems
- Is capable of working with a variety of people in multiple settings & styles
- Excellent communication & team leading skills
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university (preferred)
- Cross-departmental project coordination & planning experience (preferred)
- Experience directly or indirectly leading a team in daily operations (preferred)
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categoriesincluding women's & men's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, art & homein support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off & direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI & machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing & listing their items, as well as handling shipping & customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts & receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.