Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Growth Strategy Manager to join our Sales team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
At Oscar, we are working hard to provide the kind of health insurance we would want for ourselves. Our team uses a data-driven approach to understand market dynamics & understand how to position Oscar for success as it launches new markets.
As a Manager on the Growth Strategy Team, you will work closely with members of Oscars sales, strategic partnerships, business, finance, legal, plan design, marketing, & network teams to analyze & optimize growth & retention strategies across the medicare advantage (MA) line of business for Oscar.
- Drive strategic growth decisions to become one of the top three fastest growing plans in each market
- Source, analyze, & synthesize Oscars growth metrics (enrollment performance by plan, market, demographics) to support all initiatives for profitable growth
- Build frameworks for analyzing market & competitive dynamics in new & existing markets (cost-of-acquisition, plan design, pricing, broker commission, distribution channels, market sizing, demographic data, network information, etc.) & developing an opinion on how they should inform Oscars strategy
- Bring the voice of the market to data-driven decisions about network construction, plan design, & pricing
- Create models & tools that produce actionable business insights to drive strategic decisions, including understanding cost-of-acquisition, profitability tradeoffs, market & enrollment trends, & key drivers
- Build consensus among cross-functional teams & influence decision making within senior-level audiences
- Bachelors degree or 4+ years of related work experience
- 5+ years of experience in management consulting, strategy, private equity or investment banking
- 2+ years of health insurance experience on the payer or provider side
- Advanced computer literacy skills, particularly in Excel & Powerpoint
- Masters degrees in business administration
- 1+ years of experience managing an employee and/or team
- SQL knowledge a plus
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.