We believe conquering cancer is a big data problem. That's why we built the world's leading comprehensive liquid biopsy. This non-invasive tool for accessing & sequencing tumor DNA is used by thousands of oncologists to help tens of thousands of advanced cancer patients. We believe the boom in cancer data acquisition we helped launch will drive important discoveries & new products. We're working on some exciting ones, including in early detection, where the impact on patients can be profound. We've raised more than $500 million from investors including Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, OrbiMed, & SoftBank.
We are building a unique software stack to manage an ecosystem of microservices, RESTful APIs, & data integrations with internal & external systems to deliver useful & elegant user experiences in the extraordinarily complex oncology diagnostic & therapeutic landscape. We connect patients with clinical trials, help clinicians order our test & receive our clinical reports, & deliver valuable genomic datasets to researchers to help uncover important insights into treatment paradigms & drug discovery.
Our technology stack reflects our views of using the best tools for the job, employing Java, Python, Ruby along with Kubernetes, Docker, Mule, MySQL, MongoDB, high-performance computing clusters (HPC), & a variety of AWS services to analyze & disseminate vast volumes of genomic data.
About the Role
- The IT Platform team is looking for an experienced & energetic DevOps engineer to build world-class processes & automation for software development, testing & release.
- In this role, you will primarily:
- Design, develop & maintain a world class development, QA & release infrastructure - CI/CD - to support software development efforts
- Develop & maintain innovative custom solutions to accommodate needs of various very-fast moving software teams
- Manage & monitor development & production resources, on premise & in the cloud
- Build & deploy automated test frameworks to facilitate testing of API, backend, frontend components & UIs
- Manage & administer development & QA toolset
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure timely & robust execution of automated testing as part of a regular release schedule
- Be a strong advocate of best engineering practices & continuously identify & drive opportunities for improvement
- Train & mentor team members on automation processes, concepts & best practices
- Assist with defining & implementing software quality improvement initiatives
You enjoy an agile, fast paced & highly technical environment. You are a self-driven person, do not need to be micromanaged, can wear multiple hats & drive tasks & projects to the finish line. You are effective in communicating technical & non-technical information across team boundaries. You are dedicated to engineering excellence yet pragmatic enough to balance quality principles, regulatory compliance & business needs.
Your troubleshooting skills are excellent, & you enjoy a good daily challenge in supporting rapid growth & a diverse set of end user needs. You have the ability to maintain day to day support while running various key projects that move the business forward by automating & creating new tools that facilitate management of the environment.
In addition, you bring
- 7+ years of Linux/Unix administration & core infrastructure management
- 7+ years of architecting, deploying & maintaining software production environments on premise & in the cloud (AWS) including VPC, role & security measure management, asset management automation, uptime & performance monitoring & reporting.
- Solid experience with automation/configuration management toolset such as Ansible or Chef.
- Virtualization hands-on experience: vSphere vCenter, ESXi, FT/HA or other hypervisor (Hyper-V, KVM, Xen)
- Hands on experience with deployment & management of containers (e.g. Docker) & operating them in a scalable fashion using tools such as Kubernetes.
- Proficient in one or more: Python, Go, Java, Shell
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines