Oh hey! Yep youve found that perfect hands-on-marketing-internship-at-a-growing-startup. Youll join the small, talented, & mighty marketing team to help grow the MakeSpace brand & disrupt the $38 billion antiquated storage industry. We recently relaunched our @makespace social channels & are looking for a content expert to take us even further. Youll manage, analyze, grow, & optimize our social channels on a daily basis, with a focus on Instagram & our blog.
- Manage MakeSpace social channels including concepting & development of original content, provide engaging copy & imagery for social media accounts.
- Oversee MakeSpace blog
- Project management related to creative deliverables
- Manage influencer marketing programs
- Coordinate brand partnerships
- Report on social performance
- Culture-obsessed: has their finger on the pulse of cultural currents, memes, social trends & behaviors, etc. Likes to be ahead of the curve, & share this knowledge with others.
- Creative content expert: Ability to create visual & written content thats witty, strategic, minimal, & beautiful.
- Self-starting: Takes ownership of work streams & collaborates openly & effectively. Ability to meet deadlines without excessive micromanagement.
- Structured & well-organized: Ability to think ahead, track deliverables, & manage projects with collaborative tools.
- Has had 1-2 previous marketing or social media internships
- Excellent communication skills in-person, on the phone, & over email
A new kind of storage company, MakeSpace is taking the struggle out of storageand reinventing an antiquated industry in the process. Weve designed a hassle-free experience that allows people to store & retrieve their belongings on-demand, so they can skip the whole schlep-to-a-storage-unit thing. We pick up your stuff, haul it to storage, & deliver it back when you need it. Simple as that.
To support this seamless experience, we built the industrys first fully integrated system, from back-end routing to warehouse logistics, & a consumer app complete with a digital photo inventory of stored items. Our superior operations, tech, & talent enable us to be infinitely more convenient, affordable, & user-friendly than traditional self-storage. In just over 6 years, weve become a top-5 consumer-rated storage company in NYC, & expanded to 24 major cities in North America.
Join us as we disrupt a $38 billion industry, & change the way people think about storage (and the stuff they store).
Compensation & benefits:
- Paid Internship $15/hour for up to 40 hours a week
- Free storage for up to 6 months
- Unlimited snacks/Catered lunch on Wednesday
- Cute office in FiDi, including a private outdoor terrace with *views*
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industry
MakeSpace is an equal opportunity employer & values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, vetera