Senior Product Manager, Supply Chain
Build the platform that powers global trade
As a Senior Product Manager on our New Product Development team, youll help us build & scale innovative new e-commerce related logistics & supply chain products that simplify logistics for our clients & unlock the true potential of global trade. As part of the Office of the CEO, the New Product Development organization looks across the company, the ecommerce supply chain industry, & customers to find the next big thing in global trade - then build it, & if it works, scale it.
You bring strong business judgement & curiosity to a complex domain & strive to make the most intelligent systems in the industry. You see ambiguity as an opportunity to think creatively & execute unconstrained with minimal direction or supervision. You are tenacious & unafraid to tackle big problems that havent been solved before. You are tech-aware & know how to build scrappy solutions to prove theories & learn, then scale them with tech. You love to engage & observe customers & use their feedback to inform your roadmap. You are incredibly well-versed at driving alignment across a complex landscape with data & facts, yet open to learn from & teach industry veterans.
- Work closely with our logistics partners & vendors to establish mutually beneficial business relationships & products that make 1+1=3 for our customers.
- Work closely with our Business, Operations, & Technology teams to develop a customer first roadmap to address the needs of our users.
- Become a domain expert, deeply understanding Flexports systems & the trade landscape to solve real problems with technology.
- Get your hands dirty with data, developing meaningful business objectives & metrics to measure your teams progress.
- Write clear, detailed specs & aggressively unblock your team to enable them to execute.
- Be a strong voice for your team, communicating feature releases & managing expectations with stakeholders across the company.
You should have:
- 5+ years of product management experience.
- Business acumen - you understand the levers of the business, know how to set KPIs, & can methodically ship products that move the needle.
- Technical competence you understand what it takes to build software systems & can make tradeoff decisions with engineers (you dont need to be able to code).
- A strong sense of ownership - You drive the success of the business, collaborating effectively across the entire company to resolve dependencies & lift roadblocks. Passion, curiosity, & willingness to face challenges & solve problems.
- Great with data: you can run your own SQL queries & go deep in trying to understand the meaning behind the numbers.
- Embody the startup mindset: driven, bias towards action, move fast, make things happen.
- Great communication - You are able to communicate effectively, write clear product requirements, & drive consensus across functions & teams.
- Empathy for end users - partner with our Design team to craft intuitive workflows that enable our customers to do more & improve their satisfaction.
- Experience scaling in hyper growth mode.
- Bonus: You have worked on a logistics or a SaaS Mid-Market / Enterprise ecommerce or marketplace product
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.