Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Middleware Senior Manager, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
The Middleware Engineering & Operations team is part of the PAAS area & is responsible for common middleware & integration infrastructure that supports communication between multiple enterprise applications & multiple business lines.
This role will be responsible for leading the Middleware Operations & Engineering team in the UK that is part of the wider global group.The role will require both management of the team alongside hands on technical expertise.This role will be responsible for leading Middleware Operations work, manage incidents & changes in the environment, configuration, troubleshooting, Root Cause Analysis, deployment, & continuous operational support & improvement of middleware technologies used at Visa.
The responsibility includes working with Global systems, Global Operations, Cybersource & external Integration partners in implementing solutions via current or proposed middleware technologies, including but not limited to Application Servers(Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, JBOSS, etc.), Web Servers (Apache, NGINX, IIS), Integration Technologies (DataPower, MQ, IIB), Oracle SOA, Oracle BPM, Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle Identity Management & Java/J2EE applications. Understanding of LDAP, Forgerock & database technologies will be a plus. He or she must be able to collaborate with others to manage & rationalise incoming requirements in order to implement appropriate solutions.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Team Leadership to both strategic deliverables & the team
- Work alongside Global functions set clear strategic goals & oversee their delivery
- Act as Technical Lead ensuring solutions meet agreed requirements, timescales & quality
- Resolve technical conflicts
- Understand & translate business requirements & processes into technical solutions
- Oversee day-to-day teams' operation & performance, delegating to drive team performance & satisfaction
- Hold regular team meetings, 1:1 discussions & help develop team engagement
- Role model Visa's leadership principles in all interactions
- Lead & provide expert advice & consultation for MW components not limited to Tomcat, IBM WebSphere Application Server, Oracle WebLogic, messaging solution (message broker, MQ)
- Monitor Production environments & work with various teams to resolve Mission Critical issues.
- Create SOPs for Middleware Operations for Optimum Infrastructure Solutions.
- Provide level 2 & 3 production support for Middleware components & applications.
- Play an active role in automating tasks & provide self-service to partners
- Drive constant interaction with developers, architects, & project managers.
- Enhance Middleware & Integration operating procedures & engineering patterns.
- Define & document standards across all Middleware products & work with Middleware Engineers to make sure everyone align to the defined standards. Ensure standard artifacts are updated on time & they are relevant.
What we're after
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree
- Extensive experience in Information Technology & mid-level relevant Middleware experience
- Good Administration skills on Tomcat, WebSphere Application Server & Weblogic
- Experience with Web Servers e.g Apache, IBM HTTP Server, IIS etc.
- Experience with at least one Integration product e.g DataPower, WebSphere MQ, Active MQ etc.
- Good scripting skills in Shell, Perl, Python etc.
- Experience in troubleshooting production issues & problem solving.
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills to deal with different teams in the organization & external customers.
- Intermediate level of knowledge on Windows/UNIX/Linux OS.
- Experience with at least one ticketing tool e.g. ServiceNow, Viper, Jira etc.
- Should be enthusiastic & have the urge to learn new technologies & accept challenges.
- Should have ITIL standards exposure with respect to Change, Incident & Problem.
- Must have worked & supported complex distributed infrastructure involving Network, Load Balancers, Middleware, Storage, Databases etc. & should have the ability to drill down issues quickly.
- Experience with SSO Technologies (CA SiteMinder or Forgerock OpenAM), CA Identity Manager, CA Directory Server, Red Hat Directory Server & Oracle Directory Server products
- Experience programming in Java, J2EE
- Experience with Connect Direct is a plus.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.