Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
The Direct Contracting team is responsible for the development & implementation of an exciting new Center for Medicare & Medicaid Innovation (CMMI) value based care initiative. The Direct Contracting payment model is the latest initiative launched by the CMS Innovation Center aiming to improve outcomes & reduce expenditures across the Medicare Fee for Service (FFS) population. Taking from previous similar models (i.e. Next Generation ACO), the key differentiator is the programs targeted appeal to organizations who traditionally are not involved in managing FFS lives by offering a broad array of opportunities for them to engage in value-based arrangements with aligned providers. Clover is participating as a Standard Direct Contracting Entity (DCE) & launched its DCE in April of 2021.
We are looking to hire a team of Medical Directors to lead provider engagement for our Direct Contracting initiative. These leaders will manage a team of contracted physicians across local markets to execute on strategies.
As a Medical Director, you will:
- Develop engagement strategies designed to build & grow mutually beneficial partnerships with key clinicians & practice staff.
- Engage with & educate providers across a diverse spectrum (inpatient, post-discharge, labs, imaging, specialists, care management, etc) on the levers in DCE to improve MedEx & Quality.
- Educate providers on the many advantages of Clovers flagship technology, the Clover Assistant (CA), including MedEx savings & improving practice performance. Train & educate providers on proper CA usage such as point-of-care workflows, proper diagnosis capture, & appropriate clinical decision making & referral management.
- Support Customer Success Representatives in providing feedback & reports on provider performance.
- Oversee & support local market MDs on the above.
You will love this job if:
- You are dedicated to improving the quality of life of members by providing superior, personalized, patient-centered care.
- You are excited by big, complicated problems & try to solve them with creative, elegant, & simple solutions. You have a natural intellectual curiosity that drives you to find out how things work & if they can work better.
- You value collaboration and feedback. You can communicate your vision in clear terms to your peers as well as outside of your immediate team. You are willing & able to help your teammates grow by demonstrating best practices, providing (and receiving) respectful & constructive feedback, & sharing your unique insights with everyone.
- You enjoy working in a fluid environment, defining & owning priorities that adapt to our larger goals. You can bring clarity to ambiguity while remaining open-minded to new information that might change your mind.
- You are happy to fill in the gaps to reach a goal where necessary, even if it does not always fit your job description.
- You have a genuine interest in what good technology can do to help people & have a positive attitude about tackling hard problems in an important industry.
You should get in touch if:
- You are an MD or DO.
- You have a valid, unrestricted license to practice medicine in a US State.
- You are Board Certified, Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine or similar specialty.
- You have clinical experience of at least five (5) years with inpatient experience.
- You have Medicare Advantage experience.
- You have proficiency with computers/technology.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software & analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene & provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, & our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate & mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clovers inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & our employees are people with different strengths, experiences & backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race & gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion & many other parts of ones identity. All of our employees points of view are key to our success, & inclusion is everyone's responsibility.