Location: At the moment, a majority of us are working remotely however, we have an office in New York City where this role can be based out of, or this role can be fully remote in the US ( subject to your right to legally work within the jurisdiction) . We do work EST hours & the preference is that this person sits in the CST or EST zones.
OpenFin is a fast-growing financial technology company backed by the worlds largest banks & most respected Fintech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, & Pivot Investment Partners. OpenFin modernizes & democratizes app development & distribution in the finance space. We provide a secure OS that brings a fast & intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on Googles Chromium & GitHubs Electron open source projects, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, & robust security with an agile web development & deployment model to accelerate digital transformation & innovation. OpenFin is used by thousands of developers to deploy & run more than 3500 apps at more than 2400 financial institutions.
"The Best Workplace for Change & Transformation" 2021 by Harrington Star "Best New Technology Introduced over the last 12 Months for Infrastructure" for our Workspace product at the prestigious American Financial Technology Awards 2021, hosted by WatersTechnology.com
About the Role
We are seeking out Frontend Engineer Interns for our Late Spring/ Summer Internship Program. The ideal candidate will be interested in developing their skills, while becoming a contributing member of our Product Engineering team. You should be excited about learning new languages, frameworks & technologies. At the conclusion of the Internship Program, successful candidates will be considered for a full time permanent position, or given the opportunity to continue on in a PT capacity.
Your work here at OpenFin will cover a range of interests & areas of expertise that can scale to what you would like to learn! The following are three key areas where you could contribute:
Contribute to the OpenFin UI Library:
- Architect & build accessible, extensible, & well-tested React components used in several OpenFin products shipping this year.
Help shape the OpenFin Developer Experience:
- Build out automation & testing, documentation, prototypes, & have the opportunity to give tech talks. Here you can help optimize & build out our engineering processes.
- You will also create community knowledge with product engineering teams, working with the UI Library.
Contribute to building new features:
- Deliver a best-in-class user experience in OpenFin products.
What Were Looking For
- A user-focused, empathetic person who wants to collaborate, write, talk, & dream about code that people will love to use.
- Comfortable building React components & a passion for making them pixel perfect.
- Awareness of accessibility best practices, progressive enhancement, the DOM / Shadow DOM & how React works under the hood.
- Familiarity & an interest in using Typescript, Styled Components, & Framer Motion.
- An interest in learning cross-platform development for Mac & Windows using Electron & modern tools & frameworks like Webpack & NextJS.
A Few Of Our Product Engineering Values
- Code with Empathywrite your code thinking about the person who might use it next, that person might be you ;)
- Dont follow the GPS into the lake: we like when engineers are intuitive, critical & opinionated on what they want to work on & how they think things should be built. Design debates as a way to continually improve our processes & software are a core element of our Engineering culture. We want people who strive to make things better & are always willing to learn from others.
- Dont take all of the blamewhen software breaks, were all on the hook. We share knowledge, responsibility, & an excitement for fixing things when we discover them.
Life at OpenFin
At OpenFin, our mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies & to enable our customers to do the same. While we are currently remote, we pride ourselves on our friendly, diverse, understanding office culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn & innovate, & overall, have a good time doing it. Our employees have a diverse set of interests & experiences, & we encourage you to explore those interests & share with us! We have regular happy hours & social events. Our office & our employees are conducive to a productive learning experience -- all the while creating innovative & compelling solutions for our clients.