KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
Senior HR Generalist
The Senior HR Generalist is responsible for providing support in functional areas of human resources including: recruitment, onboarding, performance management, employee and/or labor relations, compensation, employee development & other key projects. This person will serve as a business partner to the Construction Operations team for the region, primary HR contact for the regional office & will assist in the administration & implementation of human resources policies, procedures or programs. This individual will be an ambassador of the KATERRA Cultural Principles & HR Promise.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide HR business partner support to Construction Operations & project sites within our Southwest Region.
- Provide direction & guidance to managers & supervisors in the resolution of HR or employment-related issues or barriers impacting business performance.
- Assist with the administration of performance management, compensation review programs & employment related policies & procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends & employment legislation in order to ensure organization's compliance.
- Conduct training sessions related to supervisor training, cultural principles, safety, performance or other areas.
- Work with the Health, Safety & Environmental team in support of the administration of Workers Compensation & coordination of workplace safety programs.
- Other HR related projects designed to support the department or business as needed.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- 5+ years experience Human Resources experience providing support to managers & employees, including experience with employee relations & regulatory compliance
- Experience in the construction or manufacturing industry supporting a high growth, fast paced environment
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills & the ability to recognize trends & support of business objectives
- Strong interpersonal skills to cultivate & be an Ambassador to KATERRA's culture & ensure that it is ingrained consistently in all locations
- Ability to build relationships & communicate across all areas of the organization
- Experience working in different HR disciplines while managing competing priorities
- Understanding of employment law & employee relations as well as federal, state & local labor law, such as FLSA, ADA, FMLA
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning & successfully working in multicultural environments
- PHR, SPHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.