Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
The global Product Organization delivers the holistic product strategy for Visa & accelerates the seamless delivery of our products into markets. We are at the core of Visa's overall vision to be the best way to pay & be paid for everyone, everywhere. We are fueled by a diverse team of talented team-members who continuously raise the bar on delivering best-in-class products & services to people all over the world.
Our business in Sub-Saharan Africa includes more than 45 markets of the most exciting economies in Africa, & include our offices in Johannesburg, Nairobi, Lagos, Abidjan, Accra & Kigali. As part of the Product team in SSA, you will assist in designing & implementing the go-to-market strategy for product sales & deployment at Visa. Your role may include aspects of consultative client engagement, product strategy, execution, & analytics to craft solutions to meet customer needs. You will also be working with a team that supports technical conversations & deployment with external partners, including advising on how they can work with Visa to build custom solutions that utilize their strengths to enhance Visa's solution bundles.
The incumbent will manage execution & oversight of Visa's risk policies in the areas of Franchise Risk & Brand Protection - across Issuers & Acquirers of the Central Europe Middle East & Africa (CEMEA) region. These risk programs have the objectives of maintaining a safe, secure & resilient payment ecosystem to sustain a high degree of integrity & trust with Visanet, Visa products & the Visa ecosystem.
The Franchise risk programs help identify Issuers & Acquirers exceeding risk performance thresholds & any violations of Visa rules related to issuing & acceptance risk, requiring intervention from Visa, through timely notification of the violation, implementing appropriate remediationand enforce applicable financial pepenalties or other corporate risk reduction measures for recalcitrant violations.
The Brand Protection program ensures the integrity of the payments ecosystem in compliance with Visa's rules & applicable laws. Regulators, Law Enforcement, & IP rights owners look to Visa to have robust oversight policies & programs to ensure illegal transactions are not facilitated in the payment ecosystem, & also look to Visa in ensuring consumers are not victimized by unethical business practices & scams. Violations will need to be disemminated to concerned acquirers in a timely manner, & remediation should be completed within the stipulated timeframe. Financial penalties may have to be enforced for recalcitrant cases.
This role includes frequent interactions with internal stakeholders including Country Management, Risk Managers (RMs), Merchant Solutions & Acceptance, & Global Risk counterparts. The role will provide opportunities to proactively & reactively engage with clients & other external stakeholders. The role is part of the CEMEA Risk Strategy & Operations team, with a direct reporting to the Head of Risk Strategy & Operations.
- Own & develop subject matter expertise across the applicable risk programs & policies.
- Remain abreast with global & regional trends in respective areas & be the point person for all regional stakeholders to provide constructive decisions support, while upholding the objectives of the risk programs.
- Generate monthly fraud & chargeback reports from VRPT risk system at the start of each month
- Disseminate the fraud & chargeback monthly identifications to RMs as heads-up & distribute notifications to clients by 5th of the month
- Generate & disseminate the weekly GBPP violations reports from the BPIM system at the beginning of each week
- Support RMs on individual cases and/or with clients queries, including best practice recommendations
- Follow up on remediation & NCA enforcement , i.e. ensure that client submits remediation plan or waiver request in time. To challenge & support RM requests for waivers, preserving the integrity of the programs.
- Prepare for monthly Non Compliance Assessments (NCAs) recommendation meeting with internal stakeholders. Ensure that recommendations & final decisions are documented accurately & are as per the delegation matrix (RACI)
- Maintain overall process compliance through necessary document trails & data related to the risk programs, minimizing operational errors & ensuring clean internal audit ratings with no significant gaps
- Assist & facilitate Global Risk counterparts with the High-Brand Risk registrations, & enforcement with non-compliance
- Assist CEMEA Risk team to complete the Risk Assessment or Questionnaire for new client applications
- Review & recommend proposed global changes to policies & programs, incorporating requirements of the region & recommending appropriate decisions.
- Typically, 5+ years of relevant risk management or operations experience in a high volume process management environment having clearly laid out policies, controls, delegation matrix & service level agreements (SLAs).
- Results oriented, professionally assertive where required with good problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation & organizational skills. Should have good working knowledge & experience of Excel & Powerpoint, especially in terms of handling large volume of data on Excel.
- Excellent project management skills & ability to manage multiple stakeholders.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree.