Were looking for a Security Tools Manager to join a team responsible for architecting, implementing & administering security automation & tools to assess & protect our cloud-first SaaS products. We have big plans to expand across numerous cloud platforms - & we need you to help us get there!
As the manager overseeing the security tools that we employ, you will work closely with the CISO & various Technology groups at InfluxData to define, prototype, & operate security monitoring, automation, applications & tools to perform activities such as asset & vulnerability discovery, unusual or suspicious activity monitoring, & other critical security workflows. Youll also co-create security tools which leverage the InfluxData time-series database & ecosystem.
*From a remote perspective, we currently support the UK, Germany, Italy & the following US states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OK, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Create tooling which programmatically performs network asset & device discovery
- Automate log & security event collection, including but not limited to:
- Activity & Access Logs from the electronic supply chain
- Electronic supply chain auditing for compliance requirements
- Application log events from InfluxCloud assets
- Cloud infrastructure log events from AWS, Google, Azure, Heroku
- Data processing, normalization, & serialization into discrete time-series events for ingestion into InfluxDB
- Design & implementation of processing & logic to identify security events & automate notification & incident response workflows
- Creation of visualizations for activities such as authentication events, including geo-mapping to identify unusual activity such as logins from unexpected locations
- Manage security incident monitoring, detection & response process
- Automate security assessments on existing & future third-party suppliers
- Help design & pilot additional tools for security monitoring leveraging InfluxData technology
What Youll Bring to the Team:
- 7+ years experience of technical/security operations with a focus on network management & monitoring tools or security automation. Significant engineering experience developing security automation products may also be relevant for this role.
- Technical degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field
- Current domain expertise in cloud infrastructure such as AWS, GCP, Azure...
- Experience with security logging & traffic monitoring tools
- Experience with vulnerability scanning & penetration testing tools
- Experience in digital forensics, investigations & incident response
- Strong asynchronous, remote-first communication skills. Previous remote work experience a plus
- Self-starting, ambitious, & inclusive: you want to get problems solved & help others follow your lead
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, & Battery Ventures, & a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxDatas workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. & across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers & computers. We are on a mission to help developers & organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, & Tesla, store & analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, & IoT applications quicker & to scale.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees & dependents
- Company contribution to FSA & commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life lnsurance, short- & long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company & only by having a core set of beliefs & values will we be successful. We hire & live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters & recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.