We were founded in 2013 on a simple truth: A value-based system requires evidence of what works for every patient population, not just those represented in randomized trials. It also needs the mechanisms to deliver this evidence efficiently.
Our mission? To power critical decisions in health care with data science-driven technology.
Building on decades of experience in epidemiology & health outcomes research, our founders joined forces with out-of-industry technologists to develop the Aetion Evidence Platform into the industry's only scientifically-validated rapid-cycle analytics platform. Today, were partner to eight of the top 15 global biopharma firms, to leading payers, & to the FDA. Our solutions are used worldwide to make meaning from real-world data, & to inform the most critical decisions in health cares modern era.
As the Vice President of People, you will serve a small but mighty People team as a player/coach, & youll partner closely with business leaders across the organization as a strategic advisor toward furthering Aetions status as a top talent destination. You thrive in a high-growth startup environment, & welcome the challenge of flying the proverbial plane while building it. You are passionate about equipping companies & teams for long-term success, & about serving as a key ambassador of our vision, mission, & values. You are a hands-on leader with the ability to drive alignment around & commitment to a common cause. You bring business savvy, strategic vision, pragmatic solutions, & the ability & drive to execute accordingly.
- Serve as a hands-on leader to the People team & as an advisor to leadership on all people-related matters, to ensure Aetion has the requisite talent, processes/systems, & policies to achieve our strategic & financial goals
- Oversee & develop our people strategies & programs, e.g.: performance management; talent acquisition, onboarding, & retention; compensation & benefits; workforce planning & analytics; organizational design; policies & compliance learning & development; & employee engagement/culture-building initiatives (in collaboration with Marketing)
- Use people-related metrics & data to aid in strategic decision making; develop key metrics to reflect organizational health & to direct related action & investment
- Institute scalable professional development programming to advance team performance, engagement, & retention
- Build trust with employees across all levels of the organization
- Oversee departmental operational/budget planning & management
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop & execute a range of employee communications & events/experiences
- Maintain & apply in-depth knowledge of legal & compliance requirements related to day-to-day employee management, legal risk mitigation, & regulatory compliance; liaise with internal & external legal counsel as appropriate
- Bachelors degree
- 10+ years of broad experience in Human Resources
- Graduate degree and/or HR-related certification
- Business acumen; shown to devise & deliver HR partnership & programming in keeping with the business near- & long-term imperatives
- Ability to manage multiple demands & shifting priorities in a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Experience leading & managing an HR department & programming in a scaling company
- Ability to work collaboratively & build credibility across departments & employees at all levels of the organization
- Compelling track record in designing & implementing systems & processes
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills; fluent in driving organizational clarity around vision, goals, roles, etc. & in otherwise nurturing a high-performance culture
- Project management excellence; demonstrated track record in thoughtfully planning & executing projects to successful completion; passion for delivering & supporting high-quality work product no matter how big or small the task
ABOUT OUR WORKPLACE
- Leadership with a vision. Aetion has a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders & technological innovators with a shared vision to dramatically improve the health care industry.
- Social & energetic offices. Our modern offices in New York, Boston & LA have open floor plans & are designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, & industry meetups.
- Ideal location. We are located in the heart of Manhattan with great views of the city, ample restaurants, cafes, bars, & shopping. Within walking distance of the beautiful Bryant Park, our office is easily accessible by mass transportation.
- Great perks. We offer competitive salaries, top-notch benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match, & daily lunch provision.
- Aetion is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing a diverse workforce.