Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
The FP&A team supports the business by producing budgets, forecasts, analysis, & monthly management financials for the company. As part of this fast-paced team, you'll view financials through a critical eye, constantly looking for variances or anomalies in data & trends. You'll use this analysis to ensure financial accuracy, provide insight on business performance, & discuss strategies for improvement. Every day you'll partner & collaborate with stakeholders across the company to review financial performance & to update rolling forecasts on an ongoing basis. Basically we ensure the company is always on track to meeting (or beating!) its goals so we can make ALL dogs happy.
WHO WERE SNIFFING FOR
We are looking for a dynamic & highly motivated Senior Financial Analyst to join our Financial Planning & Analysis team. This role will work with the FP&A team & partner with key stakeholders throughout the organization to drive business performance enabled by forecasting & value-added reporting & analyses. This is a highly visible role in the organization with lots of opportunities for growth.
- Own & drive our G&A forecasting process, including partnering closely with department heads on their payroll & administrative expenses.
- Run the companys financial models to support activities such as forecasting, budgeting, resource allocation, & long-range planning.
- Partner with accounting, FP&A divisional leads, & business heads to present forecasts that tell a clear story & guide financial decision-making.
- Expand & develop reporting packages for the management team to measure & track results against expectations.
- Communicate results & trends to management with appropriate recommendations for action.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate degree in Finance/Accounting/Business
- 3+ years of relevant experience within finance and/or accounting
- Advanced excel modeling & reporting skills
- Previous experience working in a high-growth environment is preferred
- Comfortable working in a highly dynamic environment
- Experience with NetSuite & financial planning/business intelligence tools is a plus
This position is a full-time exempt position. It is located on-site at our office in New York, Columbus or remote. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Please Note: BARK requires all employees or guests entering our space to provide proof of up to date covid-19 vaccinations. Exemption and/or accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
FOR CO/NJ/NY BASED APPLICANTS:
- The base salary range for this position is $86,500-$120,000
- This position is eligible for equity
**This compensation range is based on BARKs good faith estimate as of the date of this posting & may be modified in the future. Actual pay for this position will depend on a variety of variables including location, travel, internal equity, experience, education, skills & expertise.