See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as Twilios next Strategic Account Executive.
Who we are & why were hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications & data solutions that help companies & developers worldwide build better applications & customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia & Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism & all forms of oppression & bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
This position is needed to lead relationships with our largest current Communications platform customers who consume our messaging, voice & email services. You will be directly responsible for protecting & growing Twilios communications business across your assigned ISV customers. As a Strategic Account Executive, you will drive highly analytical & consultative sales cycles with customers that are running large scale, global, competitively sourced, compliance-heavy, use case-specific businesses. This role is highly cross functional, & your success will depend on building deep partnerships across product management, finance, support, & operations.
In this role, youll:
- Manage & expand some of our most important ISV customer accounts.
- Develop, drive, & execute account strategy to consistently deliver strong revenue, gross margin, & gross profit results.
- Partner closely with other Twilio teams to identify new revenue opportunities within your ISV account portfolio.
- Serve on a cross-functional account team with representatives from product, finance, support, & services teams.
- Run a disciplined forecast, consistently achieve goals, & present guidance to executive management.
- Run highly consultative sales cycles with our largest customers with a focus on deep discovery, listening to customer needs & being an effective champion for their point of view in the organization
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, & we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5-8+ years of combined experience in major account or strategic sales, managing or leading quantitative, highly analytical products & solutions for customers.
- Accountable for relationship management, cross sells, upsells & solutions consulting.
- Comfortable working with business & highly technical leaders, while influencing their understanding & building supportive partnerships.
- Analytical account development strategy based on using data to find opportunities & prove value.
- Demonstrated track record of managing business forecasts & financial models.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with appetite to define process & build programs.
- Record of delivering revenue & gross profit results, especially for large-scale & enterprise ISV customers.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent years of experience.
- Deep experience working with telecom companies, including SMS aggregators, carriers, or global communications platforms.
- Domain expertise from working with ISV & partnership accounts
- Software, SaaS, CPaas or PaaS selling experience.
This role will be remote.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental & wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, & much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, & are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering & donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, & be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, & Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $125.280 - $156,600.
- Based in New York, Washington State, or the San Francisco Bay area, California: $139,200 - $174,000.
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilios equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
- This role is eligible to earn commissions.
The successful candidates starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, & geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.