WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
The ideal candidate is a resourceful, independent, self-starter who can build an internal audit function from the ground up. This candidate has strong project management skills & has a proven record of success working in a fast-paced, evolving environment. Ability to build productive working relationships with management, co-workers & external parties.
- Work with process owners to identify process-level risks & to design & implement mitigating internal controls
- Develop annual Audit Plan & execute against plan
- Lead the annual ERM Assessment
- Plan financial, operational, sox & compliance audits
- Execute internal audits, including:
- Risk assessment & control identification
- Process understanding & documentation
- Audit test design & execution
- Audit documentation
- Report writing
- Agree audit findings, remediation & action plans with management
- Follow up on remediation of audit findings
- Identify systems, business & process improvement opportunities
- Design analytics of business transaction data to support audits
- Perform special projects & investigations
- Report findings to the Audit Committee of the board
- 8 to 10 years of experience in Big 4 public accounting, private industry or both
- Experience with all aspects of planning, executing & reporting audit projects that address a combination of operational & technology objectives
- Detailed knowledge of risk assessment, accounting & auditing principles; understanding of internal control framework concepts, including Sarbanes-Oxley, Model Audit Rule, & GAAP
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance
- CPA, CIA, and/or CISA Certification
- E-commerce/consumer product experience highly preferred
- Advanced ability to evaluate the materiality of issues & see the big picture.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking by applying process analysis, business intelligence, & problem solving techniques
- Advanced ability to write & edit clear & concise work papers & Reports.
- Advanced skills on MS Office applications; Experience with Governance, Risk, & Compliance software a plus
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify issues & connect the dots across multiple areas
This position is a full-time position. It is located on-site in any of our BARK offices. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.