KATERRA is a technology company transforming property development, design, & constructionfrom start to finish. We are building an entirely new kind of company that brings together expertise in design, technology, material sourcing, manufacturing, & construction as a single integrated offering.
With this unique approach, we have the opportunity to design & build beyond compromise. Beautiful, efficient, sustainablewe can do it all. The era of design concessions is over.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRAs cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences.
Electrical BIM Designer
KATERRA is looking for an Electrical BIM Designer to contribute to the engineering of building design, manufacturing & construction in compliance with applicable building codes. A wide degree of creativity, initiative & latitude is expected.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work as member of team to develop Electrical designs for buildings from Concept through Construction Administration
- Works with electrical engineering design group on the development of modelling tasks
- Perform detailed electrical design & modelling of electrical systems including conduits, receptacle, lighting, & equipment layouts in Revit MEP
- Perform electrical design including power distribution, circuiting, lighting & receptacle layouts, lighting controls, & lighting calculations
- Familiarity with the requirements of the National Electric Code
- Coordinate with other disciplines in a collaborative 3D construction environment
- Manage multiple projects internally with different project teams
- Generating & Help ensure designs are compliant with the companies principles of design for manufacturing, assembly, & systems integration
- Coordinating design efforts with & learning from architecture, engineering, manufacturing, & construction teams
- Coordinate with the regional BIM team to develop & maintain BIM standards across all KATERRA projects
Required Skills & Experience
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in engineering or technical/CAD design
- 2-5 years of BIM detailing experience in Electrical multi-family, residential, commercial & industrial buildings
- Working knowledge of electrical building systems
- Interest in applying new technology, software, & scripting to improve traditional design, manufacturing, & construction processes
- Interest or experience with prototyping & developing new products or design concepts
- Familiarity with industry standard design tools (Revit MEP, AutoCAD MEP, Navisworks, etc.)
- Ability to develop design content efficiently with Revit MEP software
- Familiarity with AGi32 photometric calculation software
- Application of Title 24 requirements is a plus
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.