Moda Operandi is an e-commerce platform transforming the way people discover & shop for designer fashion. Through its innovative mix of commerce & content, Moda allows women to shop for whats new & whats next in designer fashion from the worlds leading emerging designers & luxury brands.
We are seeking a Fashion Stylist (On-model, Forms & Still Life) for a 4 month temporary assignment starting in early November. Reporting to our Senior Manager, Styling & working closely with our in-house production team, this position will join the photo studio for on-model, forms & still life imagery for boutique & trunkshow shoots.
The ideal candidate will have an impeccable fashion sense, be eager to learn our styling techniques & aesthetic & work closely with our studio team to bring Moda Operandi products to life. An obsessive attention to detail, luxury ecommerce styling experience, & awareness of the Moda Operandi brand is a must.
This is a full-time temporary position located on-site at our Brooklyn studio.
Moda abides by the NYC vaccination mandate for workplaces, as such only candidates with completed covid-19 vaccinations will be considered for this role.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Style 35+ on brand, on trend & editorially relevant on-model outfits for our daily Boutique & Pre-Sell photo sets, as well as bust forms & still-life sets as needed
- Partner with the on-set photographer to ensure photo assets feel fresh & directional
- Manage all pulls & preparation of merchandise prior to shoots
- Ensuring merchandise is received & returned in immaculate, sellable condition
- Liaise with Retouching teams to ensure all intended notes are actioned before product launches
- Support the Senior Manager, Styling with European on-model shoots as needed
- Liaise with buying teams to ensure product is being shot according to set specifications
- Monitor website to ensure consistency amongst product shots & alert team of discrepancies
- Partner with Creative & Editorial teams on catered brand & seasonal projects when needed
- Help oversee all outfit & photo approval when required
- Assist in managing studio interns
- 4+ years fashion styling experience in a luxury environment
- Experience with both on-model & forms / still life
- Commercially aware with strong knowledge of designers, brands, trends & Moda POV
- Strong individual sense of style, combined with an understanding of Modas aesthetic
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, e-commerce setting
- Respond to change with positive attitude
- Professional communication skills
- Ability to collaborate well with team members
- Exceptional work ethic & organizational skills, along with a keen eye for detail
- Willingness to work off-hours, as needed
- Proficiency in photoshop, capture one & bridge a plus
The job description is to be used merely as a guide of expectations rather than an exhaustive list of all duties & competencies. All requirements & skills are subject to change as business needs evolve.