Type: Full time
Min. Experience: 3 years
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, raised over $570 million from leading venture & growth technology investors, & been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
Were looking for a Software Engineer II to be responsible for developing new features in our commercial applications with Java NoSQL databases on cloud computing platforms & designing significant features that impact multiple systems & teams using Kafka, Spark. Responsible for developing & overseeing several microservices & their reliability, deployment, & scalability. Helps to plan new features & architecture improvements & will bring new ideas to our engineering-wide processes to help us improve our products & services. Works in our Back-End Engineering division & will be expected to utilize experience in handling or analyzing large volumes of data, experience with tools like Spark, Redis, & Camus, distributed queuing systems like Kafka, & AWS services, including S3. Uses distributed data processing systems, such as the Hadoop ecosystem, Spark, & SQL/NoSQL databases, & use programming skill in Java or Scala & Python.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Masters degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 3 years of related experience
- Must also have demonstrated ability with each of the following:
- Programming with Java & Python;
- Utilizing deployment & version control tools including GIT & Jenkins;
- Building distributed & web service systems;
- Navigating relational & NoSQL databases such MySQL or Redis;
- Utilizing big data processing pipeline technologies such as Kafka or Storm; and
- Navigating the Hadoop ecosystem using MapReduce, Spark, Hive, HBase, & HDFS.
- Will accept experience gained concurrently.
- Will accept experience gained before, during, or after Masters program.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize & reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses.
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- opportunities to own & drive important critical projects.
- individual Learning & Development fund & professional training.
- generous leave & flexible hours.
- daily catered lunch & a fully stocked kitchen.
- and more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.