At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. We are working to reshape cities to be built around people, not cars.
Lyfts Bikes & Scooters team is a new division & operates as a startup within the larger organization. You will be expected to roll up your sleeves & hustle. We are moving fast, innovating, & operating with ambiguity. You should be self motivated & flexible to lend a hand as new obstacles arise.
As a product designer on the Operational Technology team, you will be building tools & technology that drives operational excellence. You will be involved at every step of product development, from brainstorming broad ideas to ensuring design quality through launch. Using your full range of interaction, visual, & product thinking skills, you will own an experience for our product teams.
As a qualified candidate, you have a track record of working on projects with successful outcomes for users & the business. You are a strong cross-functional partner, great communicator, & are able to take a solution from idea to implementation. You uphold a high quality bar & have a strong appreciation for the details. Above all, you approach problems holistically & create elegantly simple solutions to multi-faceted problems.
- Plan strategically & think tactically as a partner with product, operations & engineering to define the future of the team.
- Influence the shape of the product with on the ground user research, testing & data science while executing design work using high quality wireframes, mockups, user journeys, & cross-platform interactive prototypes.
- Advocate for design by sharing your work & presenting cross-functionally, while being able to precisely articulate design rationale.
- Inspire the entire team (including your cross-functional) partners by bringing new ideas to the table.
- Create a unified, end-to-end experience through close collaboration with stakeholders, operational users & team members from Product, Design, Operations & Engineering.
- 4+ years of experience working in UX, UI, HCI related field with experience working on mobile
- Experience designing within a complex systems of users, tools, & stakeholders
- Leading the design of experiences on multiple platforms (strong expertise in Android & Web a plus)
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Highly proficient with design tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Highly proficient with interactive prototyping tools (Framer, Principle, Origami, Invision Studio, etc.)
- Excellence in design craft, including map-based UI
- Experience working with physical or hardware IxD a plus
- Ability to work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional team
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.