Squarespace is seeking an experienced & strategic marketer to increase Squarespaces global visibility & perception within our competitive set via brand media investment.
You will translate strategic priorities into brand target, budget, & media strategy recommendations that drive measurable awareness & consideration lifts, working both with a best-in-class in-house media team & with local agency partners in key markets to plan, activate, measure, & optimize.
To do so, you will bring an expansive view of the ways in which media investment can drive brand impact, balancing traditional media executions (Video, Audio, Social, OOH, etc.) with a focus on influencer relationships, content marketing, & other innovative ways of building brand. While you constantly look to be on the forefront of whats new, you also understand the importance of brand investment on the bottom line & enjoy partnering with Data & Analytics teams to understand the impact of your work on the user journey from initial awareness through to subscription & revenue.
This new role represents an opportunity to build on a strong foundation while taking advantage of a high-growth environment. It reports into the head of Media & Acquisition, & will be based in our headquarters in New York.
- Lead brand media efforts across the US & international markets to support global expansion -- from yearly budget setting through strategy development through campaign execution & reporting. Areas of focus include target definition, media mix development, creative flighting alignment, strategic direction setting, budget management, & performance analysis
- Grow the sophistication of our existing efforts & continually test & learn into new tactics & ways of working, with the goal of incorporating a Brand element into even marketing touchpoints traditionally considered DR
- Create scalable, repeatable structures for planning, execution, & measurement across multiple markets; define & enhance ways of working to best leverage in-house & agency-led expertise
- Nurture a senior, high-performing team of Brand Media & Influencer marketing experts; partner effectively with Direct Response media leadership to maximize full-funnel impact
- Partner with Go To Market & Brand Strategy teams to ensure media strategies maximize total impact across media, creative, & local considerations
- Work with Market Research & Marketing Analytics teams to enhance Brand decision making & measurement capabilities
- 15+ years of experience developing & leading media strategies; experience with SaaS or subscription brands preferred
- Deep knowledge of brand-building & media planning techniques across digital & traditional media channels; experience using influencers, content, & other less traditional tactics a plus
- Proven success building & leading a high performing team; ideally, experience managing both direct teams & agency partners
- Experience using data to plan & optimize brand investment & strategy; fluency with brand measurement metrics & analytical approaches
- Collaborative approach, with experience influencing cross-functional teams in a complex organization & a track record of building productive relationships with a broad range of internal partners
- Comfort navigating through ambiguity in a dynamic environment
- Understanding of localization & how cultural perspectives influence go-to-market plans
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.