We are a group of passionate individuals working towards making TouchBistro the #1 global POS product. We are all about ownership, giving each member the tools, support, & freedom to succeed. Above all else, we value personal & professional growth, true teamwork & collaboration, & celebrating each other's wins while still driving to achieve even more. We are fun, scrappy, & arent afraid to take risks. If this sounds like a team youd like to be a part of, get in touch!
Reporting to the Director, Architecture, as a Senior Manager, Data Services, you will be responsible for overseeing the Data Services team who are responsible for building, operating, & maintaining the data pipelines, infrastructure, & tooling to fuel the organization's data needs. Whether that data is generated from our restaurant platforms, originates from our internal systems, or is shared to us by our partners, your contributions will enable us to harness the full potential of data across TouchBistro.
- Develop & mentor employees to deliver data solutions for the organization
- Lead & inspire a highly skilled team of Data Engineers, Data Analysts, & Data Scientists
- Drive team performance goals, assess & coach on individual performance goals
- Work with departments across the organization as a business partner to assess, prioritize, & deliver on data-related needs
- Implement process, procedures, & tools to facilitate efficient enablement of data to the organization
- Align hiring plans with growth & optimal velocity needs for the team
ALL ABOUT YOU
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Engineering or a related field
- 2+ experience in a technical leadership & people management position
- 4+ experience building & operating data infrastructure
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts & ideas to all levels of employees & management
- Core hands-on experience with data related skills such as data modeling, database design, extract transform load (ETL) processes, data visualization, working with unstructured data, & data warehousing
- Experience with SQL-based database management systems such as Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres, or Oracle
- Experience with agile development practices
- Experience with AWS suite of cloud-based tools & services supporting big data such as Kinesis, Glue, Athena, Lambda, Data Pipeline, & Redshift a plus
WHY CHOOSE US?
TouchBistro is an award-winning iPad Point of Sale system, built for restaurant people by restaurant people. Were a team of thinkers, builders, doers, & innovators. While many of us have experience working at restaurants, some of us just have a true passion for the industry.
Were venture backed by some of the best tech VCs in the world & are partnered with top innovators in the mobile, food, & payment industries.
Were global & growing! TouchBistro is used in more than 100 countries worldwide & has offices in NYC, Austin, Chicago, London & headquarters in Toronto. Were a fast-moving, ever-evolving company on a mission to change the way restaurateurs do business & help them succeed through our products & services, but we need talented, passionate people to help!
So, what do you say? Are you ready to become part of something awesome?
TouchBistro believes in fostering an inclusive workplace where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.