About this Role
Fandom is searching for a brand advertising & partnership salesperson to join the team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing existing advertising business & for generating new business for Fandom in the Canadian marketplace. The right candidate will also be highly organized & detailed-oriented, with solid communication skills & the ability to work on multiple ongoing projects.
- Meet & exceed revenue goals by growing existing & driving new business partnerships in Canada, with a heightened emphasis on Fandom endemic (television, streaming, movie, gaming) accounts
- Build, manage, & optimize personal relationships with agency & clients contacts via in-person meetings, emails, & phone calls
- Develop & execute strategic go-to-market account plans, including prioritizing & organizing sales calls, to drive maximum revenue
- Being a consultative seller to identify partner business needs & work with internal support resources to provide strategic media & custom integrated marketing solutions, for both proactive pitches & in response to partner RFPs
- Serve as an account specialist & expert resource for the company on strategic accounts, including long-term partnership recommendations
- Complete regular call reports to update sales management & split partners on account activity
- Lead & manage assign sales POD support, including setting process, providing guidance & recommendations, & delegating additional responsibilities, all to ensure exceptional customer service to partners
- Maintain territory revenue forecast
- 5+ years of professional in the advertising industry, with min 2+ years individual contributor sales experience
- Relentless, strategic & customer service oriented
- Experience selling/developing custom branded content, social media & events solutions a plus
- BA/BS degree
- Ability/willingness to travel
- Proven track record of success in meeting & exceeding revenue goals
- Ability to think & plan strategically; strong negotiation skills
- Contacts with strategic territory clients & ad agency leaders & teams
- Superior written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously & learn new areas quickly
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, high energy, & sense of humor
- Self-directed & comfortable working in fast-growing, rapidly changing environment
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Health, Vision, Dental, & Life Insurance
- 401k Plan (+matching)
- Flexible time off - flexible & generous
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Family Assistance Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs & Support
- Wellness Programs
- Loan-Assistance, money-management, pet insurance, & other discounts
- Phone, Gym, & commuter programs
- An international work environment with a startup culture
- Open, energetic & fan-focused, international work environment
- Miscellaneous perks such as, swag, etc.
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Our Fandom values are:
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & its grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, & deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, & the work we do.
Learn More about Fandom
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Fandom, one of our core values is We Serve a Global Community. Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & it's grounded by our active efforts of inclusion. As such, we're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, & we do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We invite you to complete the optional section below. This information will help Fandom with our reporting requirements & help us learn more about how we can increase diversity in our candidate pool. Completion of this section is entirely voluntary & has no impact on your opportunity for employment.