At SoundHound, we believe every brand should have a voice. As the leading innovator of conversational technologies, were trusted by top brands around the globe. Houndify, our independent Voice AI platform, with 70,000+ users, allows brands to create custom voice assistants that deliver results with unprecedented speed & accuracy.
Our mission is to enable humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally. Were making that a reality through our SoundHound music discovery app & Hound voice assistant & through our strategic partnerships with brands like Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, Deutsche Telekom, & Pandora. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, & every other part of the emerging voice-first world.
Our diverse team of engineers, UX/UI designers, writers, data scientists & linguists are all passionate about creating a world with more conversations. With more than 14 years of expertise in voice technology, we have hundreds of millions of end users, & a worldwide team in six countries building solutions for a voice-first world.
About the Role:
You will work closely with our existing management team to execute on tasks & projects with our engineering teams, syncing up regularly with engineers & managers to ensure on-track delivery of projects. You will also drive regular coordination with other teams (product/design, client-side engineering, sales & marketing) & external partners.
You will be joining a deeply technical culture. Our existing management team consists of hands-on coders all the way up to the CEO level. We expect you to be deeply technical as well, so this is an ideal role for someone who is excited by the challenge of helping us evolve our current organizational structure into something more scalable while proactively advocating for the things that make engineers love coming to work every day.
What you will be doing:
- Create & maintain processes that give our teams high visibility of our engineering work, scalability as we grow, & efficiency to reduce communication overhead
- Manage engineering roadmaps, incoming requests, risks, & priorities of our engineering teams
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, IT, business development, product & program teams to ensure deliveries are on-time
- Mentor other TPMs on the team, guiding them in ways to best set up new programs, improve existing programs, & organize the software development team & process
What you bring:
- Organizational leadership
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with technical & non-technical individuals, & at all levels
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate & follow-through on projects
- High judgment & negotiation skills with demonstrated ability to influence
- Solid foundational knowledge of client-server applications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering; or possess years of equivalent relevant technical experience
Nice to haves:
- Expert at issue tracking systems like JIRA
- Prior experience as a Product, Program, or Engineering Manager
- Prior start-up experience
- Exposure to audio, search, mobile, & related technologies