Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, & what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous masters Gordon Ramsay, Serena Williams, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sara Blakely, David Sedaris, Bobbi Brown, Timbaland, Anna Wintour & many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
A lifelong learner with a growth mindset who values making a difference in the lives of others
- Experience working directly with media networks and/or advertising agencies to deliver campaign strategies & successfully execute plans
- Experience leveraging quantitative & qualitative data to make strategic decisions to meet business KPIs
- Strong communication, organization, & collaboration skills to effectively influence & work with cross-functional teams
Responsibilities of the role:
- Manage TV, Audio, & other non-programmatic channels via direct relationships/agencies by optimizing targeting, creative, messaging, spend, bids, & budgets to maximize performance
- Partner with other in-house media buyers to drive media acquisition strategy with a hyper-focus on ROAS/ROI, LTV, CPA to meet business KPIs
- Act as a channel thought leader by educating stakeholders with on-going channel performance, testing results, best practices, & industry trends
- Collaborate with brand, creative production, analytics, & other cross-functional teams to execute on respective channels
- Onboard new channels from campaign setup through launch with potential to manage as a new core performance channel
- 1-2 years in a hands-on marketing role managing digital, TV, Audio, and/or managed service campaigns to meet business KPIs
- 1-2 years testing new digital and/or performance channels with a focus on incrementality to meet CPA or ROAS targets
- 2-3 years successfully working in a highly cross-function role managing relationships & projects from start to finish
- Substantial experience pulling data & generating excel reports
- Excellent communication skills
- Eager to bring your whole self to work
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
Nice to have:
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Looker and/or Amplitude
- Experience advertising a subscription or streaming service
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.