Today, CommerceHub is the #1 ecommerce network used by the worlds leading retailers & brands to extend their retail & ecommerce businesses.
Consumer expectations have shifted. In the now economy, they expect that our customers have what they want, in stock, ready for delivery, & with an experience that delights them at every step of the buying journey.
We believe we have a unique opportunity to help retailers, brands & suppliers connect to customers & meet the challenges of the now economy. Think that sounds interesting? It is!
Our remote-first team is growing, & were looking to add great people like you, who are ready to use their expertise to transform the world of ecommerce.
CommerceHub is seeking a professional interested in modern software operations to join our Platform Services Organization. In this role, you will be involved in the complete lifecycle of our products from inception to operation. Working with others in the organization, you will help develop & influence operational tooling, best practices, & standards that empower the engineering organization & help ensure CommerceHub's effective & efficient operations. Working with an individual in the Engineering organization, you will help drive our goals to move to the cloud. We want an individual who has supported & transitioned applications into the cloud, specifically in AWS (Amazon Web Services). An individual who thrives in supporting, improving, & enjoys ensuring the best possible outcomes for the customers!
- AWS Cloud Support: Including application migration support, cost planning, capacity allocation, & application resiliency
- Design, implement, & maintain application monitoring, metrics, & alerting
- Assess & enhance reliability, performance, availability, durability, throughput
- Frequent collaboration with software engineers, product owners, & architects
- Improve automation & operational efficiency
- Troubleshooting, debugging, & root cause analysis
- Release engineering
- Incident & problem management
- Occasional on-call duties
- You have a bachelor's degree, or higher, in Computer Science or related field OR at least 5 years related professional experience
- You have experience with both high-level & scripting languages
- You are passionate about software operations & stay up to date with industry trends; you influence continuous improvement in these areas
- You are highly motivated & quality focused
- You relish solving problems, hunting down bugs & determining root cause
- You can analyze & explore quantitative data, then communicate conclusions
- Have experience troubleshooting & debugging complex, distributed applications
- Can prioritize issues & self-manage a dynamic workload
- You have knowledge of best practices & IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- You have knowledge of Linux container technologies
- You have strong written & verbal communication skills
- AWS Experience with these services: Lambda, SQS, API Gateway, S3, X-Ray, EC2
- Prior experience with GitLab-CI, GitHub, Chef, Sensu, Jenkins, Site24x7, Ansible, Graphite, Grafana, Sumo
What its like to work at CommerceHub
We have big plans for growth & transformation & were doing it with a remote-first team across the world.
Remote first gives us more flexibility to help each other do our best work. It means that work-life balance is more than a clich. Weve built balance into our culture & its at the core of everything we dohow we collaborate & make change happen.
Connected by our drive to transform ecommerce, our culture is driven by our employees. We trust each other, work hard & respect both personal & professional boundaries, knowing that were at our best when were intentional about how & where we work. We believe autonomy leads to great work & an even bigger impact.
- Medical, dental & vision benefits: Affordable health care plans with premiums that will not exceed 5% of your salary & company HSA contributions, starting on Day 1
- A 6% 401(k) match
- Competitive time off package with 20 days of Paid Time Off, 9 paid company holidays, 2 paid floating holidays, 7 paid sick days, & a paid volunteer day
- 4 weeks paid Parental (Bonding) Leave
- Remote work stipend for internet, cell phone, office furniture & supplies
- Culture & team-building activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance
- Career development opportunities
- Charitable contribution match per team member
CommerceHub is an Equal Opportunity Employment & Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants & teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need.