We are looking for a motivated & detail-oriented Seasonal Inventory & Back of House Associate with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude to support our New York Flagship during the holiday season. You have a knack for organizing, experience handling inventory, & an understanding of how to run a smooth behind-the-scenes operation. As part of Flagship team, you will help deliver an outstanding customer experience as we bring the local Glossier experience to life.
This is a temporary, seasonal position which requires availability from mid-November 2019 through the end of December 2019.
- Receive & process inventory shipments, including counting, labeling, & organizing boxes
- Pack orders quickly & carefully with a strong attention to detail & to customers unboxing experience
- Pre-pack bags & sets to allow for efficient order packing throughout the day
- Maintain a clean, organized, & well-stocked order packing area
- Maintain an easily accessible inventory area, keeping your eyes on inventory levels for products & supplies
- Reset our behind-the-scenes operation at the beginning of each day, including organizing & replenishing testers & testing supplies
- Assisting customers whenever needed in a manner that matches our customer service expectations
- Available to work 3-5 days a week during the holiday season of mid November through the end of December, including evenings, weekends & key days around Thanksgiving & Christmas.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds at any given time; ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds: you should expect to handle a range of package sizes & weights; some are large & lightweight & others are small & heavy
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally, patiently & effectively with customers, employees & leadership
- Ability to multitask & work in a fast-paced, high traffic environment
- Can navigate difficult or ambiguous situations, always with a positive approach
- Can consistently be a team player with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Highly organized & detail oriented
- Can maintain regular attendance in order to meet the responsibilities of the role
- Ability to stand and/or walk for up to 6-8 hours a shift in a retail environment
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store, including sales floor & stock areas, by standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, bending & climbing a ladder or step stool
- Ability to fully engage with customers, including applying products to customers faces, sharing product knowledge, & creating positive shopping experiences unique to the customers individual needs
- Computer & technology proficient
- Comfortable working in an environment that is frequently photographed & recorded
- Resides in a commutable distance from the job location
- Previous experience in a retail back of house or stockroom role
- Previous experience in a high-traffic environment
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, & promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination.