Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
We are looking for an experienced, high potential, & strategy driven procurementexpert who is interested in leading a category in procurement operations. You will work directly with our leadership & category team to build out a road map for one of the fastest growing startups to come out of Europe! Your time will be spent leading a large team of buyers, managers & analysts, overseeing day to day procurement operations, as well as driving the long-term operations strategy. We are looking for hands-on, numbers-driven people with a focus on impact. Reporting into the Director, Procurement, this person will have a seat at the table, work regularly with senior leadership & be given the opportunity to make decisions that will impact the entire company.
You will ...
- Strategically develop & optimize oursupplier network country-widefor packaging needs
- Take ownership of the category & develop & manage projects from beginning to end, including creating & implementing long-term strategic vision for the category in partnership with the Director & VP of Procurement
- Manage all packaging materials for existing products; while building out a robust packaging supplier pipeline for all brands & future needs
- Coordinate & negotiate with multiple suppliers to maximize our spend on one of the largest categories in the business
- Work cross-functionally with all category leaders, operations departments & business operations teams to ensure that materials & packaging support seamless transport of product for customer experience
- Develop & enhance sourcing strategies that reduce risk & drive cost savings through the use of data, analysis & market research
- Improve vendor collaboration & procurement processes with the implementation of standardized tools that improve efficiency & reduce cost
- Build out a structured procurement process for packaging that can be modeled across the entire organization with the potential to be leveraged cross-category
- Develop, coach & mentor a team of direct reports, buyers, managers & analysts
- Identify opportunities & propose solutions for process improvement & change management that you present to senior leadership & influence business partners to support
- Be the subject matter expert in all things related to the category & Procurement
- Obsessed with food packaging!
- Analytical & problem-solving expert who uses data to drive all business solutions
- Proactive, ambitious, & assertive: you take ownership of your work & think beyond the scope of a given assignment
- Entrepreneurial & can make things happen
- A strong communicator, collaborator & comfortable interfacing with all levels of leadership
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change & limited direction
- Comfortable making split-second decisions with far reaching financial consequences
- Passionate about our business & committed to its growth
At a minimum, you have...
- BA/BS degree in business, purchasing, supply chain or related discipline, MBA a plus
- Experience managing & leading a team of direct & indirect reports
- 7 +years of experience, packaging procurement background preferred
- Extensive experience in purchasing & a skilled negotiator
- Vast knowledge & interest inthe packaging & operations industry
- Quantitative & analytical experience (either through education or professional experience), including expertise in Excel
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran.