Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
HelloFreshs Workplace Operations Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day office operations in our NYC headquarters. As a Workplace Operations Manager, you will be the "go-to" for all office-related requests, maintenance, & improvements. You will work closely with the People team to ensure efficiency & positive employee experience. You'll also be working on strategic projects both independently & in coordination with the People team.
It's a great position for any jack or jill of all trades that enjoys being the go-to person of an office. The ideal candidate is ambitious, detail-oriented, personable & does not get easily frazzled. You are a strategic thinker with experience managing facilities in a growing environment. You should pride yourself on your quality of work & relationship building skills. Diligent follow-up, attention to detail, & an ability to develop & execute best practices that align with our culture will be a big asset.
This is a great opportunity for someone seeking long-term growth within our company & wants to help us build a vibrant, upbeat office culture. If you thrive in an exciting & evolving environment, you'll play a critical part in scaling our business. This position is part of the People team & you will have the opportunity to directly impact culture
- Create a best-in-class work environment for HelloFreshs employees & guests.
- Responsible for overseeing facility operations, maintenance, & security.
- Develop & implement solutions across the office.
- Achieve cost savings & support at/below budget, through maximizing utilization of suppliers & preferred vendors/contractors & by identifying efficiency opportunities.
- Build ROI for office enhancements.
- Delivery of non-real estate projects such as refurbishments & improvements.
- Play an integral part of move teams, planning & implementing moves, including for future growth within the office for minimal disruption to existing employees.
- Source & oversee facilities maintenance & supply needs for the company including placing orders for all consumables as needed.
- Keeping a record of all necessary information pertaining to purchases & budgets & submit monthly expenses through Concur.
- Establish & maintain relationships with third parties/vendors as needed. Review & approve all invoices, proposals & other service provider submittals.
- Ensure the safety of our people by developing/maintaining/updating emergency action plans & providing health & safety risk assessments. This includes ADA & emergency preparedness plan.
- Serve as the main point of contact for office emergencies, including after hours & weekends.
- Partner with IT & People teams to ensure all new hires are set up appropriately & leavers have a smooth transition.
- Work with building management to ensure the office is functioning optimally & for maintenance to ensure office safety & communicate information to employees.
- Manage & monitor office supplies, inventory, & swag.
- Own the employee's physical experience at HQ.
- Work to ensure productivity & engagement of all employees at HQ.
- Have a balanced mix of people, technical, analytical & operations skills
- Ability to build partnerships & work collaboratively cross-functionally
- Creativity & entrepreneurial spirit a must
- An orientation toward rolling up your sleeves to get things done
- Passion for making workplaces operate seamlessly
- Ability to handle unexpected changes & challenges
- Customer service orientation with a keen sense of urgency & prioritization
- Flexible approach with superb interpersonal skills, both in verbal & written communications
- 5+ years experience as a manager responsible for complex operations at large office sites
- Experience in establishing & managing routine work requests that include coordinating with electricians, plumbers, HVAC mechanics, equipment repair technicians or other outside vendors
- Strong project management skills
- Proven skills in planning & budgeting
- Space management & programming experience
- Proficient skills with Google Suite, MS office applications, Slack
- Strong attention to detail, organizational planning, time management, & multitasking abilities.
- A demonstrated ability to run multiple projects & priorities within agreed timelines & budgets.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced workplace with rapidly changing priorities
- A willingness to be self-directed, with a knack for solving problems & spotting inefficiencies
- No ego. You are up for anything thrown at you & you tend to stay calm in stressful situations
- Demonstrated expertise in providing high-quality support services with an ability to identify, analyze & problem solve service-related issues
- Bachelors degree preferred, but not required
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.