Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions & consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquares business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, & Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; & drive deeper engagement via Foursquares industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter & Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide & Swarm. Over the past 10 years, weve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map & models fresh & up-to-date.
Foursquares toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual & Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze & identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquares industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter & Uber; & optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago & Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap, & then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners & more.
About This Position:
As a Director of Strategic Sales at Foursquare, you will be responsible for creating a revenue roadmap for the identified verticals & leading the execution across new business sales & existing partner led opportunities. Foursquares Strategic Sales team takes on the challenges of working with the worlds largest consumer enterprises to leverage & build on our suite of location tools & data.
We are looking for a candidate who is ready to bring new ideas to the table; who loves to dig into the sales process to find the way into large enterprise organizations; who can sell strategically, & who can quickly understand, discuss, & deliver the value proposition of the Foursquare promise to technologists & business people alike. Existing relationships in the technology & consumer developer community is a plus, & knowledge of the location tech space, Mobile Marketing Automation, Enterprise CRM & other marketing technologies is preferred.
- Establish partnerships that drive significant contributions to Foursquare's revenue & user growth through licensing of Foursquare data & developer tools
- Cultivate relationships with C-level & senior executives at technology companies
- Lead the partnership & deal process from strategy/planning, pipeline development, prospecting, outreach, terms negotiation, contract drafting & negotiation, through implementation
- Develop strong relationships across the Foursquare organization, including the business, legal, product, marketing & engineering organizations
- Represent Foursquare as a spokesperson & evangelist at industry events in the US & abroad
- You are an experienced sales leader with 5+ years experience selling SaaS
- Successful track record as a business development leader at a leading geo-data, SaaS, or technology/software related company
- Ability to sell to both business & technical decision makers
- Familiarity with Foursquares consumer internet & mobile products
- Direct experience with data & API-based partnerships & integrations, data licensing and/or mobile SDK integrations
- Familiarity & understanding of the mar-tech & ad-tech landscapes
- Outstanding communication skills in all forms: written, presentations, negotiations
- Relentless perseverance through long & complex strategic deal cycles
- Bachelor's Degree, MBA or MSc Degree is a big plus
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.