Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, & operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, & humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company & data company all rolled into one.
Customers & users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, & solve our worlds toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, & software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture & community & we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first & prepares our company for growth. Join Planet & be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Partner Business Manager to join our Partnerships team & scale business growth. This individual is responsible for sourcing & building partner relationships, educating & training partner sales teams, & developing sales strategies to meet revenue & profit goals. Responsibilities will include:
Impact Youll Own:
- Support channel strategy based on Planets definitive target markets. Help the Channel evolve by introducing creative ideas about programs, sales strategies, & incentives to extend to partners to drive growth.
- Manage the business relationships with the partners in the region, such as commercial relationship, sales & technical enablement, exclusivities, etc. Responsible for ensuring that partners are conducting business up to Planets company standards.
- Manage the right coverage & mix of partners within the region (resellers, VARs, solution providers, app dev, integrators). Define partner-specific business plans with quantifiable goals & sign new partners as needed.
- Follow process, criteria, & controls for selection, management & performance of channel partners.
- Summarize partner pipeline & revenue per partner for the region.
- Actively manage partner enablement to sell & service our full range of products. Ensure partners, sales & management are working together in the sales process, lead generation, registering opportunities, accurately forecasting revenue, & tracking to required revenue goals established by their discount tier.
- Drive regional sales through partners & execute go-to-market strategies. Implement strategic sales account plans for all customers & identify business growth opportunities in the assigned customer base.
- Participate in sales cadence of Sales Kickoff, Quarter Business Reviews & weekly Forecast calls.
What You Bring:
- Minimum 5+ years of sales experience including 3+ years of channel sales
- Demonstrated track record of meeting & exceeding sales targets
- Ability to work both collaboratively & independently in a high-growth, start-up culture
- Excellent communicator with strong presentation, speaking, & writing skills
- Excellent market research & prospecting skills
- The ability to coach partner sales teams on a solution selling sales methodology
- Excellent organizational & time management skills
- Ability to travel as needed
- A strong understanding of home working & the motivation to stay on track
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience working with geospatial imagery and/or GIS software
- Degree or equivalent business experience
- A desire to win & a focus on customer satisfaction
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program & onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning & Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites & Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
Were dedicated to helping the whole Planet, & to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices & on all of our teams. Thats why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity & inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but youre thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We dont just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill peoples careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope youre excited to come along for the ride.