We are building a unique software stack to manage an ecosystem of microservices, RESTful APIs, & data integrations with internal & external systems to deliver useful & elegant user experiences in the extraordinarily complex oncology diagnostic & therapeutic landscape. We connect patients with clinical trials, help clinicians order our test & receive our clinical reports, & deliver valuable genomic datasets to researchers to help uncover important insights into treatment paradigms & drug discovery. Our technology stack reflects our views of using the best tools for the job, employing Java, Python, Ruby along with Kubernetes, Docker, Mule, MySQL, MongoDB, high-performance computing clusters (HPC), & a variety of AWS services to analyze & disseminate vast volumes of genomic data.
About the Role:
· In this role you will design, implement & maintain large scale Kubernetes clusters with monitoring, logging & alerting - Engage in & improve the whole lifecycle of services-from inception & design, through deployment, operation & refinement.
· Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms & frameworks, capacity planning & launch reviews.
· Maintain services once they are live by measuring & monitoring availability, latency & overall system health.
· Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation & evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability & velocity.
· Practice sustainable incident response & blameless postmortems.
· Be part of an on-call rotation to support production systems & post-deployment monitoring.
Are you dedicated, upbeat & dynamic with excellent analytical ability? Are you a software engineer passionate about systems & highly motivated about solving complex problems? If so, you may be a perfect fit for our group.
· 1-3 years of experience in running cloud services using products such as Kubernetes, Docker or OpenShift.
· Programming experience in operating cloud environments using languages such as Python, Go, Ruby, Java, etc.
· Interest in designing, analyzing & troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
· Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills & a sense of ownership & drive
· Ability to debug & optimize code & automate routine tasks
BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.