Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations & communications professionals. Our mission is to make PR pros more successful by providing them with technology to find journalists to pitch, monitor media, quantify their impact & work more efficiently with their teams.
Self-funded & remote-first, Crains named Muck Rack one of the best places to work in 2019 & 2020. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, & customer devotion & infuse these values into everything we do. Were growing quickly, & were looking for an inspiring, empathetic & driven Sales Manager to join our team & make a big impact leading a team of passionate salespeople.
Muck Rack is at a critical growth point with a thriving sales team that had a record breaking year in 2020. Your mission will be to continue to drive that growth as the team scales. As a Sales Manager, you will train, coach, support & manage a team of salespeople focused on winning new customers in the mid-market segment of Muck Rack. You should be excited about managing a team working in a fast-paced environment with a diverse range of agency & brand prospects. Youll be a great fit for this role if you have a strong desire to manage a team, are confident & experienced in SaaS sales, & youre collaborative, dedicated to the team, & committed to growing the business sustainably.
You will work closely with senior sales leadership, & the sales development & account management teams.
More about the role:
- Managing a team of 7 - 9 salespeople to achieve sales goals & activity requirements
- Holding ongoing, recurring one-on-ones with direct reports
- Leading & programming sales meetings
- Owning performance management, including feedback & coaching
- Hiring & training new team members
- Executing sales strategy & participating in strategy discussions
- Participating in sales team policy development
- Participating in development of sales enablement materials
- Joining prospect conversations to support your team & help close business as necessary
- Becoming an industry expert in PR software & Muck Racks fit
- You will NOT have an individual quota & are NOT responsible for closing your own business
More about you:
- At least 3 years of SaaS sales experience in a closing role OR at least 1 year of SaaS closing experience & 2 years of people management experience. A total of at least 4 years of professional experience is required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal - youre equally comfortable sending messages via Slack, jumping on a Zoom to strategize with a team member, & leading meetings & presenting to your team or the whole company
- You have a strong desire to manage people & lead a team, & youre confident this is the right next step for you
- You have experience carrying a quota, demoing software, negotiating contracts, & closing deals
- You have experience using a CRM (ideally HubSpot or Salesforce)
- You enjoy working with junior teammates & have direct experience managing junior colleagues or have participated in some sort of mentorship program
- Exposure to a performance management framework that includes one-on-ones, continuous feedback, & regular reviews is helpful
- Experience in hiring & interviewing is also a plus
- Exposure to PR or having worked in PR is a bonus
More about us:
Muck Rackers work to make journalists, PR pros, & marketers more successful.
Self-funded & growing quickly but sustainably, we have the freedom to build forward-thinking products, put our customers first, & offer an inclusive culture that welcomes diverse perspectives.
We enjoy the flexibility to work where were most productive & stay connected no matter where were located. We each have an impact on our continued growth & success, & we all take pride in the work we do to drive the company forward.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds & experiences to apply. We understand job requirements often don't allow your particular work history to shine, & we invite you to show us what you know, & how it relates to our technology. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Benefits & Perks:
- Flexible remote-first policy
- Health, dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Flexible spending account
- Access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, & an Employee Assistance Program
- Off-the-grid vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Discounted gym & bike memberships
- Opt-in disability & life insurance
Muck Rack encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair & consistent interview process.
**While this position is remote, we are unable to hire internationally for this role**