Teampay is an entirely new way to manage spend, giving you proactive controls & real-time visibility - without slowing down your employees. With Teampay's distributed spend management platform, you can manage all types of purchasing, made by anyone, from end-to-end. Employees love the effortless experience, & Finance teams can breathe easy knowing that all spending is pre-coded & pre-approved.
About the role
The Financial Controller will oversee the companys accounting function, ensuring that records are compliant & accurately kept. This individual will be responsible for streamlining accounting processes & internal controls as we scale. Reporting directly to the VP of Finance, this role will work closely with senior management to develop strategic financial plans. The ideal candidate has a background in accounting, strong communication skills, & is technologically savvy. If youre eager to learn & excited to work in a high-growth organization, youll love this opportunity.
What you will do
- Supervise accounting operations, including general ledger functions, accounts payable, & accounts receivable
- Establish robust internal control processes & financial reporting systems based on generally accepted accounting principles & regulatory requirements
- Support the VP of Finance to develop budgets, forecasts, & other financial analysis for senior management, shareholders, & auditors
- Build out, manage, & develop the accounting team
- Lead the implementation of systems to streamline & automate accounting systems
- Collaborate with IT to integrate the new ERP with accounting systems & existing business applications
- Stay updated with future legislation about tax & operations to ensure compliance
- Track & manage cash flow & working capital
- Engage & collaborate with non-finance staff to build relationships across business departments
- Improve the process of collecting, analyzing, & consolidating financial data
- Build & manage the relationship with external auditors to ensure compliance with auditing requirements & standards
- Select audit firm & manage Teampay's first external audit process in 2022
- Experience developing GAAP financial statements
- Experience working with auditors
- SaaS accounting operations experience, including SaaS revenue recognition (ASC 606). Familiarity of b2b payments is a plus.
- Technical knowledge of balance sheets & cash flow
- Experience working with a fast-growing tech startup
- Experience implementing new systems (ERP, AR, AP, etc)
- Familiarity with QBO. Netsuite experience is a plus
- Leadership skills with evidence of developing accounting team members
- Strong communication skills with a track record of communicating complex financial information
- CPA, & bachelors degree or masters degree in accounting/finance preferred
You'll love working at Teampay if...
You're a builder. You're passionate about crafting things that matter. You're curious & agile in thought & action. You value authenticity & possess a strong work ethic. You're empathetic & look forward to learning from people unlike yourself. You want to make an impact with a strong team. You look for challenges that force you to grow. You rarely miss a detail & always learn from your mistakes. You have diverse interests outside of work, but are ready to pitch in & be responsive when the pressure is on.
If you decide to work at Teampay, youll get benefits & perks like these:
- Healthcare premiums 100% covered for employees & 50% covered for dependents.
- One Medical membership for all employees.
- FSA or HSA programs available.
- Pet Insurance for employees pets.
- Citibike membership for all employees.
- 401k Program with employer match on contributions.
- Annual Training & Development budget for all employees.
- Access to an office space in lower Manhattan.
- One-time stipend for remote work setup.
- Fun & educational events for all employees, offered both virtually & in-person.
You can learn more about our product features here, & see our company values here.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.