Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world & digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare & Swarm, as well as thriving media & enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places & Pilgrim SDK (for developers), & Pinpoint & Attribution (for marketers). With more than 200 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, & in sales offices around the globe, were dedicated to our trailblazing mission informing business decisions with location intelligence. In many ways, the company is now a Machine Learning & Data Science company at its core.
About The Role
Foursquare is seeking a passionate, curious, & thoughtful Designer to join the Creative team. In this role, you will support our corporate brand by creating sales collateral, build templates, including presentation decks, sell sheets, swag & brochures. You will design & translate complicated concepts into easily digestible & visually pleasing presentations & data visualizations. Youll play an important role by not only designing & delivering but also by being a thought partner. Youll have solid design skills, possess a good understanding of motion graphics & enjoy working on a variety of creative initiatives. This job requires extensive collaboration with our marketing, sales & product teams to deliver visual solutions that will directly impact the growth of our products.
As a Lead Designer at Foursquare, youll help communicate our B2B products through thoughtful visual storytelling & compelling design. You understand that the key to great design is great communication, & you obsess over understanding our users so that your work is relevant & insightful to our audience.
- Work closely with Growth Marketing, Product & Sales teams to create assets & materials that reflect the Foursquare brand, communicate our value, & create engagement with our clients & partners
- Potentially manage a few designers on the team
- Contribute as a designer & illustrator to create & execute marketing & branding initiatives such as presentations (decks & templates), whitepapers, landing pages, social media assets, swag, iconography, animated GIFs, website assets, infographics, & print & digital campaigns.
- Conceptualize design solutions, provide oversight & ensure brand consistency & high standards of creative execution for the development of visual materials. Youll be responsible for project intake, execution & delivery.
- Partner with Product Marketing Managers to concept new & creative solutions to communicate complex topics simply, & refine project strategies & translate them into strong designs.
- Create templates for various types of assets.
- Partner with the marketing team to work cross-functionally with other creative team members, developers, & project leads to deliver quality designs.
- Passion & ability to expand brand expression, visual identity systems & B2B experiences.
- Be an advocate for exceptional visual design at Foursquare.
- 5+ years as a visual or brand designer for an in-house brand/marketing team or design agency; bonus points if you've worked in a startup or tech company.
- A strong portfolio showcasing strengths in illustration, content layout, typography, design systems, storytelling & a wide breadth of marketing executions
- Experience with data visualization & infographics & can visualize complex data into an consumable, visual format
- Proficient in motion graphics/animation/video (After Effects, Adobe Premiere) a huge plus
- Self-motivated, excellent communicator, able to organize, prioritize & produce results independently, work within tight deadlines, & manage all aspects of a project
- Thrives in a fast paced work environment that is ever changing
- Knowledge in front-end development (eg: HTML, CSS, JS)
- Experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX & UI) product design
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to be a part of building our company & the products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.