The Senior Tax Analyst will be a trusted member of the Finance team, who will assist with tax related projects through established subject matter expertise. This role will involve tax compliance as well as tax research, analysis, & documentation. You will utilize a variety of skills to solve problems relating to direct & indirect tax planning, direct & indirect tax compliance, & income tax accounting.
This position reports to the Tax Lead & can be based in either our New York City headquarters or Los Angeles office.
- Assist in preparing & maintaining the quarterly & annual US & international income tax provision, including all related tax financial reporting & disclosures
- Collaborate with outside firms in the preparation of various federal, state, & international income tax returns
- Assist in the ongoing analysis of US federal/state & international tax compliance, including research & documentation of tax nexus & permanent establishment
- Prepare monthly/quarterly indirect tax returns for the Companys US & international operations, as needed
- Maintain the Companys transfer pricing policies
- Manage SOX 404 compliance procedures as it relates to the tax accounting function
- Review monthly account reconciliations for various tax liabilities & timely provide adjustments, if any, to the Accounting Department
- Assist in responding to tax audit requests. Research tax laws & regulations as needed
- Assist in the preparation of worldwide quarterly & annual income tax forecasts based on the latest Company budget and/or projections
- Understands & seeks to improve all procedures affecting month/quarter/year-end reporting
- Other tax related ad-hoc projects on an as needed basis
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, or business is required; CPA is preferred
- 8 years of experience in federal and/or state income tax compliance or planning in public accounting and/or technology industry experience
- Ability to research & interpret various tax laws & regulations, including federal, state, & international law
- Proficient with various tax compliance software
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to analyze & document complex tax issues
- Ability to successfully interact & collaborate across the organization
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in Excel & Netsuite ERP is a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.