Foursquare invented the check-in, pioneered location-based social networking, & continues to reach millions of mobile app users every month. Based on the tools & technology born out of the original Foursquare app, Foursquare has since grown into the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, & brands build more connections with their customers.
About the role:
Foursquare is seeking a Sr. Product Designer to help re-imagine what the Foursquare mobile app experience looks like to users in 2022. After 12 years with millions of loyal app users, & with the world starting to come out of the global pandemic, now is the time to take a deep look at how Foursquare apps can continue to evolve on the promise of making the real world more discoverable & enjoyable with close friends & trusted influencers.
The ideal candidate has a proven design aesthetic, well-established processes, strong design principles, & excellent leadership skills. You'll be responsible for serving as a design expert that can independently own projects, manage deliverables, & timelines. Youll collaborate with product managers, & engineers to develop the experience for City Guide & Swarm users
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include; coordinating requirements with stakeholders, validating your concepts with users, presenting your research & insights to partners, & delivering polished designs & specs to engineers.
Responsibilities of the role:
- High degree of critical thinking, problem-solving, & analytical skills
- Experience designing across iOS, Android & different devices form factor
- A deep understanding of design tools (Figma, Mural, Principle, Framer etc.)
- Design experiences & interactions that are simple, thoughtful & elegant
- Proficiency in user-centered design thinking methodologies
- Outstanding visual design aesthetics combined with usable experiences that tackle user problems
- Ability to articulate, negotiate, & refine design solutions with cross-functional partners
- Excellent prioritization & documentation skills
- Address business goals & customer needs with elegantly simple design solutions
- Conduct data driven design research to iterate & support your design decisions
- Articulate user journeys with scenarios, storyboards, & presentations
- Self motivated & must be comfortable with ambiguity & change during a project
- 5+ years of experience in a product or experience/visual design role with a proven track record of independently leading projects
- 3+ years working on iOS & Android
- Strong design sense that values simplicity & usability
- Fluent with app usage data analysis
- Experience using research insights & behavioral data to inform designs which solve user problems
- The ability to champion design & how it applies business goals
- Curious, self-motivated, optimistic & a skilled problem-solver
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Bachelors degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction, or relevant experience in a full-cycle product design environment
- An ability to think globally, taking a broad view of all variables that could impact future product & company-wide success
Nice to have:
- Experience with Firebase/Adjust Analytics Platforms
- A background in both - web & mobile system design preferred
- Experience working on or exposure to high-profile or global level brands
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.